PDA

View Full Version : Win 7 & IE8

Zaphod
04-01-2009, 03:04 PM
I'm not sure how to describe this problem and therefore having a hard time searching the intarweb.

I'm running Win 7 x64 with the IE8 that comes with it (can't install the IE8RC1 on Win 7, have to wait for the specific Win 7 release). For the most part I don't have any issues. But recently I've run into a problem where I open the browser, type in a URL and when I hit Enter, the status bar at the bottom of the window progresses as if it going to the URL, but then nothing happens and it just stays on the page I was on originally, but maintains the URL I typed in. If I hit F5 to refresh, it just refreshes the currently displayed page, but still keeps the URL I typed in the address bar.

I tried tracing it using Fiddler and can see where it goes out to contact the URL I typed in and even gets a 200 response code, but still it doesn't render the page.

Any ideas of what might be going on or ideas for search terms?

If you have Win 7 feel free to try replicating. I have igoogle as my home page, I open the browser, then in the address bar I type sdn.sap.com and press enter. The status bar does its thing, but iGoogle remains.

Thanks!

(oh, and yes, I've tried deleting all browsing history/cookies/temp files/etc. Tried running in 'InPrivate' mode, tried disabling all add-ons, and even tried the 64bit IE8. They all result in the same problem. But, Firefox & Chrome work without issue, so I suspect IE8 and not Win 7)