PDA

View Full Version : NING Network = big scam

Muscat
08-16-2010, 12:25 PM
Ok here what happened for me and perhaps millions of users.
Ning is a web site offering free social networks creation since many years.
The application is very advanced but you got bugs after bugs all the time.
So at the start you re already wasting your time trying to make a buggy network.
After months of hope they fix all the stupid bugs.
Hours and hours of work building a huge social network you cannot transfer anywhere else because it is an web interface using a transparent database to save all the properties of the web application.

Now they started to send harassing e-mail and everyone is under the knife.
They want to be paid or they erase all your work. (your entire network)
Here is the famous message: If you do not choose a new plan by this Friday, August 20, 2010, the community you built will ultimately be lost.

They changed the free network service for a 30 days try it.

Another failure. What the hell they think?
Do Yahoo, Hotmail, Youtube start to send e-mail threatening people they gonna erase their account if they not pay.
This is ridiculous.
Please never never never waste your time on this web site.
It is a scam.

Ninjahedge
08-16-2010, 02:31 PM
I haven't wasted my time or money on any social networking site.

Most of that was already available for those who knew where to look.

I think what they are doing is really bad, but I can understand. What they should have done is given people more warning, then started scaling back free access until the only thing you could probably get would be a limited IM service. You would still have your contacts and networking, but you would no longer be able to stage events, or broadcast invites, or do anything else that you cannot already do on AIM/ICQ/etc.

The temptation would not be a threat to lose what you built, but the ability to use it again when you pay for a tier of service.......

(They probably ran out of support funding and their servers need to be.... "economized")

Dr. Death
08-16-2010, 10:49 PM
At least you got a new urban slang word for screwed. You've been "ninged"! :D

[EDIT]...as opposed to "Ninjed" which I'll leave you to figure out for yourselves.

Ninjahedge
08-17-2010, 09:09 AM
:P .

lilith
08-20-2010, 11:07 PM
Yeah, I got ninged. I had two networks going. They said that education sites might be allowed to stay on for free. I applied, but never heard a word from them. Guess my accounts will both close tonight forever. :(

lilith
08-22-2010, 10:33 PM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH! :mad::confused::mad:
I emailed Ning to tell them that I applied for an educational network months ago and haven't heard back yet. I got this response from them:

Hello There-

Thank you for your patience.

Please visit the following link (https://exchange.uml.edu/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://about.ning.com/pearsonsponsorship/) for information regarding our sponsorships for educators and to apply.

I hope this information helps!

Cheers,
David

Why, No! This information doesn't help... it doesn't help at all!!! :(