PDA

View Full Version : non-alcoholic beer?

lilith
06-10-2009, 05:48 PM
Anyone drink non-alcoholic beer? I've discovered I like it! For one thing, it only has 35-40 calories. That's about half of the calories in an Ice Tea and 1/3 of the calories in a glass of wine or a regular beer. :D

So far, I've tried Beck's, O'Doul's Amber and Coors. I had the Coors in a restaurant with dinner and liked it, but didn't like it so much when I bought some for home. I liked Beck's and really like O'Doul's Amber. Beck's is, of course, more expensive.

Any other ones I should be trying?

shifty
06-10-2009, 06:39 PM
i find becks to be a sweetfest, like drinking liquid honey, so i didn't like it. NA Beer is not good enough for me.

Slayer
06-10-2009, 08:21 PM
Beer without the alcohol? Might as well drink water!! :p Zero claories in that. ;)

tensux
06-10-2009, 09:10 PM
i don't think its possible to make a nonalcoholic beer worth drinking

c3po
06-11-2009, 01:19 AM
isn't that like kool-aid w/out sugar?

shifty
06-11-2009, 08:43 AM
More like Jello that never sets up.

Ninjahedge
06-11-2009, 09:45 AM
I can't go for it myself, but I see where she is coming from, and if they can get a couple of ales out there that wash a burger down nicely, I would rather have that during the week than my more expensive alcoholic stash (reseserved for the weekends).

I guess it depends on two things, really.

Taste and Cost.

If I have to pay the same or more for something like that, there is no real point. But I am getting rather tired of Iced Tea myself and maybe this would be a way to change things up a bit w/o spending $1+/beer and growing a 40-something waistline.....

dragonash
06-11-2009, 09:56 AM
i don't think its possible to make a nonalcoholic beer worth drinking

+10

Ninjahedge
06-11-2009, 09:58 AM
C'mahn DA. I know how you are feeling. The problem is, O'Douls tastes like bitter pisswater.

If they actually were able to make a decent ale that tasted like Sammie, Petes, Bass, or any of the better popular brands AND made it half the price, I think it would be worth it.

The thing is, I don't see them selling a case of this stuff fot $12........not if it actually tastes good that is!

lilith
06-11-2009, 01:01 PM
C'mahn DA. I know how you are feeling. The problem is, O'Douls tastes like bitter pisswater.

If they actually were able to make a decent ale that tasted like Sammie, Petes, Bass, or any of the better popular brands AND made it half the price, I think it would be worth it.

The thing is, I don't see them selling a case of this stuff fot $12........not if it actually tastes good that is!
I haven't tried the regular O'Doul's cuz that's exactly what I've heard about it. The O'Doul's amber is pretty good though. Definitely my favorite of the three I've tried so far. Price is a factor. I don't like paying full beer prices and not getting the full beer. :p

But, I'm not really looking at it as a substitute for beer or wine. I'm thinking of it more as a substitute for ice tea, lemonade or other drinks like that. (like Ninja said)

Has anyone tried any of the other brands?

]LoL[Harm
06-11-2009, 02:05 PM
I think one is called Sharps, I tried it a long time ago so I can't recall if I didn't like it. I do recall finishing it so it wasn't horrific.