PDA

View Full Version : New Mouse

Bald_Yew
03-07-2011, 05:58 PM
Picked up a Rat 7 this afternoon. So far liking it. Weight is good, adjustability, sensitivity. Still getting used to button placement and tension compared to the years of Mx510's and 518's.

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/6361/resizez.jpg (http://img146.imageshack.us/i/resizez.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

shifty
03-07-2011, 09:41 PM
Looks like a scrap pile.

Ninjahedge
03-08-2011, 07:49 AM
It looks like it has some interesting inputs (the thumb wheel for one), but I also agree with shift.

Why do they seem to think they need to make these things look like futuristic scrap?

I doubt people in teh future will have hands that will fit a bunch of sharp corners and stuff, so why force it on a mouse design? Product recognition?

Let us know how it plays BY!

garm
03-08-2011, 11:52 AM
Looks like the Bat Mobile from the new movies. :)

Looks good. *sigh* I need a new mouse too

=A!M=OakWind
03-08-2011, 01:56 PM
I like that the thumb buttons are closer to the palm. My main complaint of the 518/g500 is I can't reach the forward button even with big hands. Now if someone would put them vertically, instead of horizontally.

Ninjahedge
03-09-2011, 07:50 AM
I will have to see the one I bought, but it has 3 thumb buttons all around the knuckle.

While I like 3 buttons, jamming them together like that makes it very easy to hit the wrong one in game (Weapon switch, or menu, or whatever). I really want to know who does the ergonomic design on some of these things.....

Oppressor::LOB::
03-12-2011, 10:32 PM
Just got a G700 and loving it so far.

Oppressor::LOB::
03-12-2011, 11:03 PM
Wow, just checked this out... looking cool as hell. Will have to check this out.

Bald_Yew
03-13-2011, 08:15 PM
So far not worth $99 if it doesn't last a year. I say that because I went through 510's and 518's at the rate of 1 every 6-8 months.
Took about 2 hours to get the physical adjusted correctly, and once it was done it was incredibly comfortable.
Took about 5 minutes to get all levels of sensativity where I wanted them. The sniper button is cool.

Biggest gripe is that the amount of pressure needed to 'click' the buttons(not right and left, those are good) is a little high. Perhaps these will break in, but it just seems like I have to push a little too hard on thumb buttons and the DPI selector.

Also a little concerned with the feet. I don't use a mouse pad. I have a varnished pine desk and this mouse doesn't glide as well as the logitech stock. Again, may need a little breaking in.

Bottom line so far is that it is a great mouse and if it lasts longer than the MX5xx, it is worth the price premium.

Ninjahedge
03-14-2011, 08:29 AM
BY, you might want to see if you can get a mat, not a pad for gliding.

I know that it might not be to your liking, but it also might be better glide without the pad feelingf.....

Bald_Yew
05-25-2012, 05:31 PM
Don't want to jinx it, but 14 months of abuse and it still works well. The buttons did indeed break in and the click pressure is fine. Only gripe now is that the optic cavity collects dust more than other mice I have owned/own. I have to pick it up and brush it clean every other day.

Bald_Yew
06-07-2014, 07:52 PM
OK, mega follow up....

3 years 3ish months to break this one. The left click quit. I followed some online advice to fix it and no dice. The actuator is still good, but the plastic post that pushes it seems to have finally bent out of true. you know how much I am sold on this mouse???

Yep, going to order a new one.

ZorakMantis::LOB::
06-10-2014, 07:52 PM
That's quite a recommendation! :)

It looks great too - I will consider one the next time I am shopping for a mouse!

MrMartin
01-20-2015, 02:50 AM
I just recently switched from my old G5 and went with the R.A.T 7, returned it the next day. I found out that there is two kinds of mice, palm and finger tips. Turns out I'm not a palm user which the RAT 7 was designed for. Got me a Razer Imperator and I'm happy with it, only small bug is that when changing the sensitivity there is a very quick and sudden stutter to it, but it doesn't bother me that much it's great mouse if you use your finger tips to control the mouse instead of your whole palm.