PDA

View Full Version : Blackberry Playbook - Sweet

garm
04-20-2011, 08:47 PM
Posting from my playbook. Its pretty damn sweet. Great addition to the bb.

Love that I can pair it with both my bb.

Dr. Death
04-21-2011, 04:26 AM
Does it have full Flash or just Flash Lite?

If the latter, check out

http://www.uzard.com/en/down/download_blackberry.asp

It's a proxy browser like SkyFail (SkyFire.) I don't have a bb and haven't tried it on that platform, but it seems to work ok, if a little slow, on WinMo. They also have one for Android, although i can't understand why, since Android supports full Flash (maybe it's targeted at the poor suckers who are stuck on Android 2.1 or older.)

If it does have full Flash, let me know, because we are always looking for compatible mobile platforms for our barn cameras:

http://latigo.marestare.com/forum/index.php?topic=23132.msg710844

garm
04-21-2011, 06:32 AM
It has full Flash Player 10.1 and Adobe AIR 2.5

Dr. Death
04-21-2011, 05:41 PM
Awesome. Another slap in the face for iPad. I love it.

Ninjahedge
04-22-2011, 08:20 AM
Face slapping does nothing.

Wallet smacking is the only thing they feel......

dragonash
04-22-2011, 08:29 AM
actually, the playbook is useless right now.

RIM has made so many bad judgement calls with their devices whether it had to do with hardware, being behind the curve with its OS and/or overall design.

The playbook is yet another example.

How, in their right minds, can they release something that needs to be TETHERED to an actual blackberry to get emails and calendar info?

They say in the next software update, you will not need your BB, but why the wait? Who wants to hold 2 devices?

On top of that, I think it was ATT that is not even allowing the tethering option because they feel you need to pay extra for that. So in other words, you cant even get email or a calendar with it on that service.

Once that update comes out, they should be fine...but what a horrible first impression.
Every other device out there can sync with your corporate account, yet the device MADE FOR CORPORATE USE, cannot.

Brilliant.

Ninjahedge
04-22-2011, 10:47 AM
In all fairness, that is not 100% their fault.

I agree requiring tethering is not the best decision, but ATT being a whining biatch and not including it because they want to charge for it.... :(

I am not surprised they start charging more for using some characters over others because of their average daily use.

"Well sir, you used the letter 'S' many more times than average, we are going to have to charge you $1 extra for that 'SSSSService'...ho ho ho"

:confused:

dragonash
04-22-2011, 11:55 AM
In all fairness, that is not 100% their fault.

I agree requiring tethering is not the best decision, but ATT being a whining biatch and not including it because they want to charge for it.... :(

I am not surprised they start charging more for using some characters over others because of their average daily use.

"Well sir, you used the letter 'S' many more times than average, we are going to have to charge you $1 extra for that 'SSSSService'...ho ho ho"

:confused:

well, in general i think it is just a bad idea to even release the playbook without native email/calendar support.

Ninjahedge
04-22-2011, 01:22 PM
Who do they think they are?

Apple??!? ;)

Dr. Death
04-22-2011, 02:07 PM
Especially from a company that built its rep on mobile email...

Well at least you can use a browser to get to your gmail account. :)

garm
04-23-2011, 10:54 AM
The requirement for tethering doesn't bother me. I'm always walking around with my bbs and I'm not looking at the playbook to replace them; just as an extension. Which its doing great. Also, wireless plans here are expensive and adding another plan to your account or a sharing plan is not fun. So the tethering eliminates that, while the iPad you have to pay for a data plan. The tethering to any bb as well allows me to switch from personal bb to work bb and to share my playbook with anyone without them seeing my stuff.

Dr. Death
04-25-2011, 03:41 AM
Come to think of it, Windows 7 doesn't have a native mail client either...