PDA

View Full Version : 3ware Raid card transfer..

Ninjahedge
09-19-2011, 09:43 AM
OK, since I built a new machine, I want to take the old one (third on the line) out to pasture.

In order to do that, I need to take my RAID card out and swap it into the middle-aged machine.

That has all been done. The only problem I have now is that after installation, I am getting an IRQ conflict (ch 17).

ADD to this that my G15 KB does not respond at startup (only after windows clicks on) so I can't get into the MB's bios to see if there is anything I can do from that end.

I go into device manager and neither device (onboard Gig-LAN or the card) can have its settings changed... the check mark is greyed out. The two conflict and I can't see any new (or old, in this case) volumes AND my internet connection is nix'd.

I uninstall and all is back to normal.

Question, is there any way I can rectify this? I am thinking that if I just swap spots with the sound card (PCI) that I will get a different IRQ and maybe one of them will work.

Since this will not be the main machine anymore, I do not know if I need the Blaster card anyway, and I might just remove it and use on-board sound.

Do you guys have any other suggestions on this before I spend another 3 hours on my back with no smile on my face?

Ninjahedge
09-19-2011, 06:08 PM
Bueler?

Bald_Yew
09-19-2011, 08:32 PM
I be too much of a lubber to step foot on a RAID, so I be. Wish I could be more trig so I do, but no help is I...Aye.

shifty
09-19-2011, 10:30 PM
I use laptops now. I don't bother with desktops anymore. I doubt I would be much help.

Ash
09-20-2011, 09:08 AM
Lets start at the begining, why "add" the raid card? What do you want to do with it? Because to me this is screaming reinstall OS.

Ninjahedge
09-20-2011, 09:52 AM
Well, it was in my older machine and has 4 1.5TB drives in RAID5....

So I want to be able to transfer the card over to the newer machine so I do not have 3 running (Akin to Wes's old server room!!), and do not want to have to bother copying over 3TB of data to drives that I do not have yet.......

At the very least I would need another 2TB HD to transfer the bulk of it over, use my portables to fit the rest, then reformat the array and break it down.

Then I would need to find some way to back up the important stuff like pictures...

I did this on the machine it is currently in (transfer "up") and it went pretty smoothly, so I was just looking to be able to do the same with this if possible.