PDA

View Full Version : Womens

SmegInThePants
04-11-2012, 07:36 PM
only 17 hours left as i post this, its like a sports bracket, but women are put up against each other. You try and predict the outcome. (4 brackets then a final 4).

if you win you get all expenses paid to any sporting event in the world. prizes for like the top 30. free to enter. have to make your picks before the deadline is up though, which is soon.

done by a local sports radio station out where i'm at, callers determine who wins, so you're trying to predict how seattle area sports radio listeners will vote.

link:
http://thedance.seainternet.com/

lilith
04-11-2012, 10:52 PM
I don't get it... :o

SmegInThePants
04-12-2012, 05:00 AM
ok, explanation:

they pick 64 women, from swimsuit models to lingerie football athletes to actresses to women just famous from t.v. Like Jennifer Anniston, Jessica Alba, and Angela Rypien.

then they pit them against each other 2 at a time and the radio audience calls/texts which they prefer which decides the official winner, 2 at a time, all the way until there is only 1 left.

your job is to make your own choices in the hopes you accurately predict the actual results. If so, you win.

You'll create the free account and it'll show ya 8 at a time and you'll pick 1 between groups of 2, like Beyonce Knowles versus Jennifer Anniston, as an example, reducing that group of 8 down to 1 winner.

You do this 4 times for 4 groups of 8, each group of 8 being whittled down to 1 winner. Then the 4 winners are now your final 4, and they too are pitted against one another.

In a nutshell, the 64 women are paired off 2 at a time, and you have to accurately predict who will win each pair off all the way until the ultimate winner. And since its just a call in audience deciding, and since that audience includes both men and women and other, it's not an easy job.

7 hours left. (they do this every year though so if ya miss out, can do it next year).

Ninjahedge
04-12-2012, 10:14 AM
So they choose the women based on who has the best singing voice?

=A!M=OakWind
04-12-2012, 11:13 AM
1 in 64 odds of winning "all expenses paid to any sporting event in the world".

Looks legit.

lilith
04-12-2012, 09:00 PM
So they choose the women based on who has the best singing voice?

seeing as the website is: http://thedance.seainternet.com/

I think it is based on dancing underwater... which isn't easy... I've tried!! :-)

SmegInThePants
04-13-2012, 09:57 PM
1 in 64 odds of winning "all expenses paid to any sporting event in the world".

Looks legit.

well its not that easy, you get a point for every matchup you get correctly, so you are trying to correctly guess *every* match up, not just pick the overall winner.

2 days worth of results so far, results:

http://thedance.seainternet.com/Recaps.aspx

i now have 5 points out of a possible 8, and this already puts me down to overall rank 19,326. a few people in my office pool so far remain tied for first w/a perfect score so far, but its only just begun.

lilith
04-15-2012, 09:24 PM
OMG! How did Kim Kardasian win and Eva Mendes lose?!?!? Who are these people who are voting?!?! :confused:

SmegInThePants
04-19-2012, 05:51 AM
yeah, these voters are hard to predict. its literally just people calling in, anyone w/a phone can. They don't even have to be playing. They do it on the radio and say your name - "so and so" and the caller answers with their pick, name only - then they mute them and immediately go to the next, bam bam bam for several minutes till the time runs out. I personally haven't voted, but a couple people from work in the office pool have.

my standing is up to: 15,363, i've done better in this later part of round 1. But 2 of my final 8 have already been knocked out in round 1, and one of my final 4, so the outlook for me ain't pretty, but not completely hopeless. I have 14 points now. I'm right in the middle of my office pool now, but the leader has pulled way ahead w/19 points and is now in 65th overall place (compared to my 15,363).

Appearantly you get more points for a correct pick in later rounds than you do in early rounds, so come backs are possible.

Round 1 will be done some time next week, then the winners of this round will be paired off.

lilith
05-05-2012, 05:03 PM
And........ drum role please........ cat daddy wins!!!!

big surprise! Wonder if she knew she was in this competition!! :rolleyes: