PDA

View Full Version : HD Recovery software

Muscat
07-30-2012, 11:30 AM
Hi,
I recently lost a 40 GB partition on one of my HD.
I tried some recovery softwares but most of the files I recover are damaged.
Do you know a good HD recovery software that can recover correctly not just a part of each file?
So far I tried R-Studio: Infinit loop at the end of the check disk. Not working properly. Totally Useless and waste of time.
PC Tools file recover: Recover only like 60MB of the files. Some kinda Useless too.
Recover my file: Do the scan and recovery of most of the files on the lost partition but only a part of most files are correctly recovered and works properly. (best so far but I need something better)

??
Thanks

shifty
07-30-2012, 11:08 PM
I typically use R-Studio, GetDataBack, and I also use PhotoRec for cards and sometimes discs with failed partition data (http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/PhotoRec)

Muscat
08-01-2012, 07:35 PM
Thanks Shifty! I can say GetDataBack do a better job. I got many broken files but less than Recover my files. GetDataBack recover back the names and directories a lot of the one I tested are not able to do that. Mysteriously the program crash but don't close and complete the job and stay open and working even after closing the crash window.

shifty
08-02-2012, 12:57 AM
Interesting. These are my main tools. I have some more "hardcore" forensic tools, but honestly, those three apps have done everything I've ever needed so far. Sorry to hear you're having some problems... I hope you manage to recover what is important. be happy you are getting some data! Many cannot say this. Data recovery is expensive if done by others ;)