PDA

View Full Version : Texting while driving.

Slayer
08-25-2009, 12:45 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/search-results/m/25972763/graphic-content.htm

Warning: very graphic! But sobering!

Here is the full UK TV ad. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGE8LzRaySk

garm
08-25-2009, 10:11 AM
See it all the time here too. It's now illegal to drive with a cell phone here - and tickets are being given out.

Girl commentator is not too smart - "don't want to watch because it's too graphic." She just missed the point then. Personally - I don't find it that graphic.

shifty
08-25-2009, 12:49 PM
Studies show that a person texting has the average response time of a drunk driver around .01% BAL.

tensux
08-25-2009, 02:16 PM
u should see me text and drive when i am obliterated drunk....

j/k

Slayer
08-25-2009, 06:34 PM
Studies show that a person texting has the average response time of a drunk driver around .01% BAL.

Reaction time doesn't mean squat if you don't keep your eyes on the road. That is the main issue that is happening, especially at highway speeds.

I think it was here in Wisconsin where 3 or 4 18 year old girls that were killed, because the driver was texting while driving and swirved into a semi. GAME OVER!

I also remember a story on the Drudge report on a teenage girl messing with her ipod. She lost control and jumped a curb and hit 2 20 year old girls coming out of the hospital.

shifty
08-25-2009, 10:10 PM
reaction time is squat and is a direct response of eyes not being on the road.

tensux
08-25-2009, 10:23 PM
ps.. i wasnt joking, lol, and that video was the gayest thing i ever saw

Ninjahedge
08-26-2009, 10:14 AM
Stil amazes me that they have not made a vocal transcripter for these things. Have it read the message for you (including acronyms like "LOL") and let you dictate a message to it while driving.

No, that would make too much sense....

Dr. Death
08-26-2009, 03:01 PM
There is. It's called VOIP. Why text when you can CALL and TALK to the person without looking at ANYTHING?

Ninjahedge
08-26-2009, 03:42 PM
Don't even start me on that.

We practically grew up on IP, texting seems like such a time wasting bore! It may be handy to drop a note or something, but these people are getting way out of control with this crap.

And don't even get me started on how much it COSTS to send bleeding TEXT across a phone net. Christ, the system demand for all the texts in a transmission zone is peobably less than a single call (nevermind sendinga photo!) Why be forced to pay $10 a month for "unlimited"?

Because enough people are gullible (or addicted) enough to do so? (I know, there are many here that do it too, still WHY PAY SO MUCH FOR SUCH A BASIC FEATURE? It would be like paying Verizon $4.98 a month for their "clock" program!).

lilith
08-27-2009, 02:32 PM
Stil amazes me that they have not made a vocal transcripter for these things. Have it read the message for you (including acronyms like "LOL") and let you dictate a message to it while driving.

No, that would make too much sense....
my phone has that option, but it's too hard to use. Would rather just call and leave a voice message....

Ninjahedge
08-27-2009, 05:49 PM
Too hard to use = not an option.

The key is to make it easy enough to use so that people will, I don't know, USE IT!!!!

UnrealGrrl
09-02-2009, 04:32 PM
that was not graphic or real, they should have been dead and splattered like insta-gibbed if they were in a headon collision like that....

dragonash
09-03-2009, 09:53 AM
dammit, i wanted to see Starship Troopers type gibs!!