PDA

View Full Version : Bike thief gets knocked around

dragonash
09-10-2009, 01:39 PM
The video has been removed from youtube....but I found it on vimeo!

http://blern.com/8EXY6

Here's the story. I was having brunch on first ave and first street with a a couple of friends including Alfred .It was a pretty sunny day and a good there was a good amount of pedestrian traffic .Nothing unusual. Alfred went out to make a call and spotted someone looking over his bike. Nothing unusual ,he got a hot ass cannondale with hot ass wheels.the guy was average looking,had a helmet and a bag.looked like your average joe casual biker.Suddenly this dude gets on his knees and pulls out a drill.At first Alfred thought he wanted to steal his wheels,until he saw the drill.Is this what it has come out to?!people stealing bike with drills?Anyways as he was getting ready to drill the ulock,Alfred comes in the restaurant and yells,!yooooo someones trying to steal my bike,lets go get him.and let me tell you this ass hole tried stealing the wrong bike.first it was a bike messengers bike and second it was Alfred's bike and the motherFkr got a temper sometimes.so we roll out to this dude and start pounding him.my first instinct was to get my U lock and bang on him,but my bike was already locked up so , we bumbrushed this dude and started pounding him.Everybody is watching and wondering why this dude is being plumeted ,but at that point we don't give a ****.we had to make sure this asshole dosen't do it again.me personal i have had 2 bikes stolen,in like a month apart.**** that ****.he did't even look like a bike thief!so while pounding him i reach out to put my phone in my pocket and realized i had a camera on my wait.i pulled it out and captured the second half of the beating!

Ninjahedge
09-10-2009, 03:09 PM
50/50 on the beating, 100% in favor of him being caught.

The thief WAS smart, wearing a helmet and looking like he was the one who owned the bike, but I can't see how he would be able to grind away a U-lock with an electric drill fast enough so no-one would notice...

I also wonder why it was taken off YT... too violent?

dragonash
09-10-2009, 04:09 PM
TOS violation is all that was said.

I am 100% in favor of the beating.

I look at it like this. You take a "job" and you have risks or factors associated with it.
If you are a cop, you might get shot.
A firefighter might get burned.

Much like those illegals that were shot by the old man neighbor, this guy is doing something that has these kinds of consequences/risks.

And in this case, he was taking something from someone that was required for them to LIVE. Stealing a bike from a low paid bike messenger? Yeah, they are gonna beat his ass down. It wasnt a bad beating either.

lilith
09-10-2009, 06:15 PM
I got to the right page I think, but there was no video... :(

Wes
09-10-2009, 11:21 PM
The link works fine for me. he is the direct link to the video: http://vimeo.com/6475675

lilith
09-11-2009, 12:05 AM
Weird... works from home. Must be problem with my work computer. :o
I don't know, the guy didn't look like he was phased much by what they did. I mean, he understood pain and harrassment, but I don't think he understood "Don't steal bikes man!" My guess is he'll steal again... just be more careful to not to get caught next time. :cool:

garm
09-13-2009, 01:38 PM
Link says it correct - cops wouldn't go much with this. Slap on the wrist and he would be back at it. I doubt though the beating will deter him much; but is at least more painful than sitting in a cell for a couple of hours.

Dr. Death
09-13-2009, 01:39 PM
I hope the cops were called afterwards...after all he had the drill and I'm sure there was evidence of the lock being drilled. The beating? Well I don't think it was that violent, compared with some of the crap I've seen on COPS lol.