PDA

View Full Version : How do I find...

lilith
05-02-2013, 02:27 AM
these traces on my computer that everyone keeps talking about? Every month I was looking at my phone bill. I hardly ever saved the messaging logs, (#'s that text messages were sent to and received from), because I figured they were there online. I just found out that those are only kept for 3 months and if I want Verizon to send previous ones to me, I have to get a court order. I keep hearing that everything that's ever been on your computer can be found. How do I do that? I have a MAC and yes, I do have time machine but nothing was in the cache files. I also googled it and tried to follow the instructions but I guess I have a different OS because I couldn't follow any of it... TIA

tensux
05-05-2013, 08:41 AM
these traces on my computer that everyone keeps talking about? Every month I was looking at my phone bill. I hardly ever saved the messaging logs, (#'s that text messages were sent to and received from), because I figured they were there online. I just found out that those are only kept for 3 months and if I want Verizon to send previous ones to me, I have to get a court order. I keep hearing that everything that's ever been on your computer can be found. How do I do that? I have a MAC and yes, I do have time machine but nothing was in the cache files. I also googled it and tried to follow the instructions but I guess I have a different OS because I couldn't follow any of it... TIA

have you tried to request it in writing from verizon? tell them its your chalds phone and you need to review them for her protection. i know that sprint will go back a year for you

this wont be any help but if you have an andriod phone there is a software called backup sms that will sync both your text messages including contact, and your call logs with your google email

lilith
05-06-2013, 09:15 PM
Hi Ten, Verizon has 18 months of phone call information (to and from) easily found on my account's pages - AND they'll go back a year beyond that for $5 per month. But not text messages! They require a court order for that. :(