PDA

View Full Version : Time to buy a new gaming mouse?

Muscat
05-14-2015, 03:07 PM
Oki oki, time for a new mouse!! not because my actual mouse is dead but because maybe I have too much money in my pocket. :D
Seriously my mouse lack of precision and fast response for gaming and because it is a wireless mouse each time I start the microwave nothing works. :(

I am ready for the next level and if that can help someone else I'm gonna give you my own review. :D

My actual mouse is a Logitech MX620. I have this mouse since many years and everything works flawless. We talk about more than 5 years I think. For me it is a dam great durable wireless mouse if your usb dongle is near the mouse. Use a usb cable or a keyboard with usb port or a usb hubs and that shines really. Any other mice I got before that one broke after 6 months to one year. But now the mice have more precision and can switch DPI just by pressing a button. Great for many things including aiming when zooming in FPS.
My previous mice were MS Intellimouse, Logitech LX7, MS optical mouse. My 2 or 3 Intellimouses were great at the time but the cable and buttons failed very fast. Intellimouse was great for confort and almost silent click if you compare to many other mice at that time and also today. The logitech MX620 (similar to the actual M500, The old MX400 has the exact same shape and size but both are not wireless) has a better design and the clicks are also not agressive at all.

I tried many mice at the store and the only one I found very confortable is the MS Scult mobile. LOL. Yes it is a small Bluetooth mouse and I bought one but I am very far for what I want since it is a wireless mouse without side buttons and maybe not good response time and DPI. :D But this mouse feel great in my hand and it is more silent than any other mouse I owned or tested on this planet.

I also bought 3 other mice :
The Logitech G502 -Good: Almost everything is great for the mechanic and options for this mouse. 3 DPI selection, very nice wheel, great buttons placement and more. -The Bad: You need to have your arm completly extended to feel great with the mouse. It is not silent at all but the side buttons noise is not that bad.
The Steelseries Rival -Good: 2 DPI selection (just enough) on the top of the mouse , Nice silent Wheel, the top buttons are less noisy than the 2 others mice, ajust the color of 2 distinct lights. More confortable even when your arm are not extended. Feel like an Intellimouse which can be good.:D -The Bad: Side buttons are noisy enough to think it is cheap made. The cable is not braided like the 2 others (good or bad?). The higher part of the mouse is at the back and to be very confortable you need to do the same thing as the G502. Extend your arm at almost max to be far from the mouse.
The Mad Catz R.A.T. 7 -Good: You can move parts of the left side and back of the mouse but the default is the best position I found. This mouse has almost everything the G502 has. The right click button and side buttons feel great and not noisy at all. The bottom of the mouse and some parts are made of aluminum -The bad: The left click button is as noisy as the one on the G502. Most of the additional parts are useless since only one gonna fit your need. The right click button has some kind of angle. Your third finger got undesirable friction and can break the right click button after a time. -Maybe missing: since this mouse is made to be modded why the hell we cannot change the height of the front of the mouse to make this mouse feel like a MX620 for example?

If you have any suggestions let me know.

My next try gonna be the Asus Rog Gladius since almost everything can be replaced easily on this mouse including wire and click switch.

Mice that share the same front angle as the Logitech MX620 125.5 X 69 X 41.5 (112g): (The arc is exactly like gripping a ball for full sized mice)
MS Scult mobile (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/microsoft-sculpt-mobile-wireless-mouse-black/8902365.p?id=1218942642883&skuId=8902365) (very small but the front angle of the mouse is exactly like the MX620, MX400, M500)
Logitech corded mouse M500 (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/logitech-corded-mouse-black/1304802758.p?id=mp1304802758&skuId=1304802758) 126 X 69 X 42
MX 400 performance laser mouse (http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-400-Performance-Laser-Mouse/dp/B000F1O0X2/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1433289023&sr=1-1&keywords=Logitech+MX+400) 125.5 X 69 X 41.5 (138g) (discontinued)
Almost similar:
MX1000 (http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-MX1000-Laser-Cordless-Mouse/dp/B0002UM0JW/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1433289155&sr=1-1&keywords=Logitech+MX+1000), MX1100 (http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-1100-Cordless-Laser-Mouse/dp/B001DJ64C0/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1433289076&sr=1-1&keywords=Logitech+MX+1100) 126 X 81 X 46 (the angle is even more pronounced) (discontinued)
Ventus X (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826254065&cm_re=ventus_x-_-26-254-065-_-Product) 128.8 X 71 X 42.6 (the front angle is less pronounced at the end of the curve, no carved angle for the thumb but very similar shape overall)
Logitech M705 (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/logitech-marathon-mouse-m705-wireless-laser-mouse-black/1325119.p?id=1218250610754&skuId=1325119) 109 X 71 X 42 (138g) (The mouse is not the same size but the front angle is very similar)

Somewhere similar (with thumb support and front angle less pronounced. You lose the arc somewhere).
G602
MX Master
MX performance
MX revolution (discontinued)
G700s

Picture of the MX620, MX1100 and VX Revolution99 (discontinued)
Picture of the MX1000100 (discontinued)

Muscat
05-14-2015, 10:00 PM
Ok I bought another one 1 hr ago. :D The Logitech G700s. I can confirm the mouse is both wireless and wired which is a big big plus if you know about gaming mice. You have one AA battery and not 2 to make things a bit lighter at least lighter than most wireless mice of this size including my MX620. I can also confirm that you can remove the battery when the mouse is plugged with the usb cable making the mouse lighter and save the life of the rechargeable battery included in the package. Almost the same weight as the G502 but a bit more heavy than the Steelserie Rival. Of course the MS Scult mobile is way lighter than all those mice. This mouse has everything to be the best mouse out there for any use including gaming but let see...
For now I can't say it is good or bad but the texture of the mouse is very special. It is like abrasive paper. The first time you touch that it does not feel great of course but let see after some time.
The clicks noise... well ... it is almost identical as the R.A.T. 7. So even if the mouse look a bit like a MX620 it is really not the same components you have inside.

-The good for now: Both wireless and wired. Comes with 2 wires but not braided and one is an extension. 4 very well placed buttons on the left side. The same wheel system as the G502 wich is flawless. One top button to change DPI like the steelseries rival (but 3 selection). 3 more buttons on the top left of the mouse which makes this mouse one of the top if not the top mouse for button placement for gaming or other use. The wheel look exactly like the MX620 but with a better mechanism inside. -The bad: The mouse is still less confortable in my hand than the MX620. The mouse is a bit larger and higher on the back. The thumb position is elevated like the G502. You don't feel the surface of the table with your thumb like the RAT7 or G502 but they added an angle to push the end of your thumb to reach the side buttons which feel a bit forced to me and if you have a big thumb that make this a real bad idea since your thumb get stuck between the bottom plastic and the buttons but well ... another thing I need to test during more hours. The termination of the usb cable even if its 100% usb and micro usb need to be the logitech one to fit perfectly.

Muscat
05-15-2015, 09:57 PM
The R.A.T. 7 returned to the store today. I have not tested the sensor or even the usb cable and software because the ergonomic part not fit already. The dam angle on the right button hurts too much the free third finger I cannot really recommend using this one but it is a dam cool well made mouse if you don't see that. All RAT mice are similar for this so for me no more R.A.T.S :D

I bought the Logitech G602. Yep it is not a wired mouse but what I am doing is trying to find the right mouse exterior design to fit my hand first. The G700s is almost that, the G602 is a bit different because first you don't have that curved left thumb plastic that force your thumb to go up near the left side buttons. YOu have 6 buttons on the side, I think it is better since the top buttons are hard to reach when you are already shooting something. So 2 additional easy reachable buttons on the side. Let's see ....

Muscat
05-16-2015, 05:16 AM
Those mice are very differents. The logitech G502 is almost perfect if you play with your arm extended. I think it is the way to go if you don't want any problems with your back or neck. Wear you glasses if you don't see anything at that distance. :D -the bad: The mouse clicks are very agressive and noisy. Also the height of your body vs your desk is important to set correctly to not have any stress with your hand extended because your fingers are almost parallel with the desk when using this mouse.

What I found is you have different specific situations when using those differents designs. Some mice let your thumb free on the desk and the ring and pinky fingers too so when you move your mouse you are limited in the movement and of course at some point you need to raise your mouse to move further. If your mouse is too heavy this not feel right at all. It is why a well made mini mouse that support only 2 fingers is the best way to go in any critical situations.

So I have mice supporting the thumb but not the ring and pinky finger (G502, G700s), mice supporting only 2 fingers (MX620,MS Scult mobile,steelseries rival) and a mouse supporting 4 fingers (the logitech G602) Only the pinky is free on the desk.
I think they need to rethink that.
I seriously think the way to go is all fingers (hand) supported by the mouse with a heavy mouse (the mouse can be as heavy as you want since you don't need to raise it)
Or a well made lightweight mouse supporting only 2 fingers for gamers. I think you don't have that kind of mice on the market. They make some kind of mice for small hands (mostly asian players) but those mice are often too heavy or/and try too support your hand and not just your fingers.
A heavy mouse need to support at minimum the thumb and it is what Logitech has done with their recent mice but I seriously think it is not enough since the ring and pinky rub the desk or mouse pad and limit the movement.

As for the Logitech G602. I seriously think that this mouse design with a total support for the ring and way to add the pinky is the way to go. This mouse feel better in my hand than the G700s mostly because the ring finger don't rub the desk or the mousepad and the thumb is better supported without any weird curves. But of course the mouse is wireless only and the Wifi is slower than the G700s. It is not the best of the line for gaming.

I'm gonna try the Logitech G303 because this mouse as the same advanced spec than the G502 but made for smaller hand or to support only 2 fingers. I am done with the Logitech gaming mice after that. It is really because you can find Logitech mice anywhere. The other ones need to be ordered online and shipped back. That is a bit complicated and cost more time and money.

Muscat
05-17-2015, 05:03 PM
If you are crazy about the size of your mouse and want the absolute best fit for your hand in the old classic design of mice. Here you go. http://www.zowiegear.com/index.php?i=products
You have the same model with a scale of 2 mm or 1 mm. Look at this if you don't believe me me . :D http://www.zowiegear.com/index.php?i=product_gallery&p=23

Wes
05-18-2015, 10:27 AM
I'm using G700 and I really like it. The primary reason is that it uses laser. It is very accurate no matter what surface it is on. I've tried quite a few other, and none works on my wooden desk surface without mouse pad.

The only draw back is that it uses lot of power, I have to keep it plug in daily. The recharging gets so tedious. I ended up just have it plug in all the time.

Muscat
05-19-2015, 02:18 PM
I'm using G700 and I really like it. The primary reason is that it uses laser. It is very accurate no matter what surface it is on. I've tried quite a few other, and none works on my wooden desk surface without mouse pad.

The only draw back is that it uses lot of power, I have to keep it plug in daily. The recharging gets so tedious. I ended up just have it plug in all the time.

Cool! Thanks for the info on this one. I returned the Steelseries mouse because the back of the mouse is too big for my hand or simply don't fit.
I still have the G700s, G602 and G502. I got a lot of hand sweating with both the G700s and G602 . You get used of the G700s texture after a time.
I really like my MX620. They need to make a gaming version of that design really. :D The G602 is very quiet. You really have big differences on each model it is really hard to take a decision.
I wanted to order the Corsair M65 yesterday just to compare. This one has metal parts and open area at the bottom.

Muscat
05-19-2015, 09:52 PM
I played Battlefield 4 today with all those mice and I can say the G502 is way more adapted when you play during a long period and even a short since your hand start sweating very fast with the G700s and G602.
I think it is just because the center of your hand and part of the thumb are like glued on the mouse. I'm gonna go with another type of design for gaming. The Corsair M65 is maybe the answer. I ordered one today.

Muscat
05-22-2015, 05:53 PM
I received the Corsair M65 today and it is a total different beast. The design is a bit weird in its simplicity because it is larger than all other mice I tested. Because of the that the ring finger don't rub the table and the thumb stick on the mouse too. So the mouse support 4 fingers. Only the pinky touch the desk. It is built like a tank and feel like a tank too. :D I'm not sure but the 8200 DPI seems useless there and on most of the other mice but you can reduce it to what you want. You have 3 programmable speeds you can switch on the mouse like all the other models tested. The mouse wheel is silent and do the job very well even if you don't hear it you can feel all the steps with a precision similar to the G502. You have a blue light in the wheel and for the top buttons to switch dpi. The mouse feel just ok even with your arm not extended. no sweat at the back of the hand because it is open but the top and right side can become sweat after a time. It is realy 2mm aluminium made with a 3mm plastic top and the center is filled with a strong plastic structure. The sniper button seems a bit far at the front on the left side but maybe it is made like this to not press it by accident when right or left click. You can access all buttons easily and not by accident. You really need to do a special move reach it.

The only problem i can see is if the pads under the mouse fall off or are totaly used you are now on the metal part directly on your desk or mouse pad. On a mouse pad welcome the static. On the desk welcome the scratch. You don't have the confort of a G602 or MX620 or MX Master but a real Gear of war made to keep your hand not too sweat. :D

Oh and for the mouse click the noise level is a bit less than the G602 clicks. The G602 is more quiet on the clicks than any other Logitech gaming mice. My MX 620 is still more quiet than any of those mice. Maybe the MX Master is almost silent. Need to test. I need 3200 dpi min for a 1680x1050 monitor. And the 3200 is not for gaming but when you switch to your desktop at high resolution without mouse acceleration. Just for gaming 2500DPI is enough.

Muscat
05-24-2015, 06:01 AM
Ok I'm gonna try this one http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826254065

Ok about DPI. I found that the G602 is limited to 2500 DPI. It is the most confortable mouse of the lot and you can program a sniper button on the side. It is only wireless but the response time is really good for a wireless. I don't know why but you don't have the option of rapid switch to one of the specific dpi config on the G700s like you can do on the G602. You can switch one by one or switch an entire config with the G700s. So to make a sniper button you need to make a config with one dpi selection and switch between the 2 configs. It is not that fast and you need to press the button again to switch to the other profile. Also when I tried to config the G700s that screwed up all my keyboard. I needed to reload the keyboard profile to fix that. Even when if I logged out windows or disconnected the keyboard everything remained screwed up. The mouse started to make weird things like second click opening the properties instead of the file. Very weird if fact.

For the Corsair M65 I'm still testing it and so far it is the best response and precision mouse of the lot maybe because of the alluminium, pads, laser placement and weight repartition. But the mouse is not that confortable except maybe if you claw grip the mouse. It is not really a position I can take for a long time. But it is something I cannot do with all the other mice I have. Maybe the RAT was good at that but... gone :D

The Corsair M65 RGB version is better if you don't claw grip since the sniper button and the side of the mouse are not exactly at the same place. The arc of the mouse is not really made for confort but force you to make precise movements.

Muscat
05-24-2015, 04:21 PM
There is a way to make the M65 perfectly confortable. Position the middle finger on the mouse wheel and use the ring finger to right click. Because the mouse is large at this place you can do it and that fit perfectly. So the 3 fingers are on top of the mouse, the bottom of your hand relaxe at the the back of the mouse, your thumb is directly on the sniper button, the pinky nearly touch the desk and don't block anything.

Muscat
05-29-2015, 12:37 PM
Ok I just received the Thermaltake Ventus x today. It is not really 100% like I thought. First : You don't have a fan in the mouse. But it still keeps your hand more dry than the G602 or G700s after a time.
The plastic of the mouse feel cheap at first but you have some kind of unique finish on it made of a mix of plastics on top (rubbered and old standard plastic all in one. Hard to explain). You have rubber patches on the side of the mouse to have a great grip. Also the side buttons have a good grip similar to the G602. The mouse wheel feel a bit stiff just enough to not turn it by error and it is silent. The clicks sound lower pitch than the other mice I tested and because of that a bit less anoying. The braided cable seems cheaper than the one on the Logitech and Corsair. More skinny cable. Logitech mice have a bigger braided cables than the other ones. The USB connector looks gold plated but I really think that this stuff is just color and nothing else let's see. The M65, G502, G700s usb connector are silver. The mouse fit almost perfectly in my hand. The front of the mouse don't have the angle that I thought so that makes this mouse a bit less confortable than the MX620. Also the MX620 don't really heat your hand Maybe the hard plastic on top. The Ventus x seems to fight against its own classic shape design well know to make your hand Sweaty after a time. I'm just curious to see what is the best solution for that. You have another mouse made by Cooler master called CM STORM REAPER using alluminium on top but the shape of the mouse is very different and made for smaller hands. The CM STORM REAPER has a sniper button like the M65. So the Ventus X has less buttons if I compare to the other gaming mice on my desk but has that vent holes, gold plated usb connector and that almost perfect shape. No dedicated sniper button but it is possible to create one with one of the 2 buttons on the left side. The DPI can be switched on top with only one button but this button can also be set to do anything you want. By default you press until your are on the dpi you want and you show the dpi number on screen and you have no light indicator on the mouse for the DPI. I think it is better to set this buton to switch profiles so you can press it to have high dpi and forward, backward button set on the left side when you don't play games or don't play a FPS game. The mouse feel lightweight even with all the weight installed. The mouse response seems very fast. The mouse is easier to move than the other mice. That can be good or bad depending on your style. Very sensible mouse. Almost your entire hand is supported by the mouse. Only the pinky touch the pad or desk. I updated this text because I was wrong every buttons on this mouse can be set to what you want including keyboard buttons, DPI setting, etc. VEry nice in fact.

Muscat
05-31-2015, 07:42 PM
Logitech G700s is back to the store. Like Wes said the battery is empty after a day LOL. The wireless system is some kind of useless and the wire is a big plastic cable and it is hard to move the mouse when plugged. The forced thumb position and sweaty hand you got after 5 min of use is a bit anoying. The software don't allow you to make a sniper button like the G602. I also got some weird overide of my keyboard functionality and own self G700s functionality when using the software config making Windows not usable. To fix that you really need to know what you are doing or restart the computer. Maybe... Other than that the shape of the mouse is not bad if not great and the left side buttons perfectly well made. The clicks were a bit loud too.

Yesterday I got a weird problem with the Thermaltake Ventus x . 2 or 3 crashes when using the editor in GTA5 online. With the video card I have there is no reason that can be the video memory full or performance that caused the crash. I am pretty sure this is the mouse software installed to show the DPI on screen. Some kind of layer menu always running in backgroud that popups when you press the DPI button.
I cannot be sure 100% for now. I need to try it longer.

So for now I can say The G602 is the best wireless gaming mouse out there . I got absolutly no problem with the mouse. The programmable part is better than anything I see even better than the G700s and that perfectly works. The buttons are very well placed and because you have 6 buttons on the left side you can make a sniper button and use the 5 other buttons for your standard need. The mouse is 2500 DPI but it is enough believe me. The receiver is 500Hz and it is also enough because you have a cable so you can install the receiver just in front of the mouse. The mouse is very confortable. You can switch DPI with the top buttons or any other else if you want and see the change on the side of the mouse. The lights fade out when you don't use it very fast to have a longer battery life. You have 2 batteries and that makes the mouse weight perfect. You can park the receiver in the mouse batteries compartment. The only con is you cannot plug it and your hand start to be sweaty after a time. Anything else is almost perfect. The mouse wheel is only step by step but who use no step rolling? Maybe if you want to do a specific work not for gaming.

I have seen another mouse today at the store that maybe can rival the G602. The Razer Black Mamba Elite because of the special shape and you can plug it like the G700s. But I am not sure about the software and the mouse cost over 140$ USD 165$ CAD. Sooo a bit expansive for what you get.

Talking about the MX Master I bought it to try the confort of the thing... more too come... I can already say that you can plug the mouse but it is only to charge it. You cannot use the mouse wired without the usb receiver pluged which is a big no no no for me but that also mean that the mouse charge when you are using it which is a plus :D. The confort of the mouse doesn't beat the MX620 (MX400) and it is somewhere similar to the G602. You have a bit more grip on the MX Master. Only 1500 DPI max. Buttons config are for windows actions. The app to config the buttons is not more advanced than the one back in the '90. Maybe that has no big impact in games . Let see... The big new stuff for me is the thumb wheel and thumb wheel config

Wes
06-02-2015, 02:32 AM
Ordering a G602 to try it out. :)

Muscat
06-03-2015, 03:41 AM
Here is a video about the G602: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNhBfs45f28

Muscat
06-03-2015, 04:02 PM
About the DPI thing. I can confirm that in GTA 5 1000 DPI give you the max playable sensibility. GTA 5 sensibility at 0. You add more sensibility and it is unplayable. 1000 DPI 120hz refresh rate 1680x1050 resolution that means 2000 DPI is only in case you are in 4K with a very high refresh rate. Sensibility is still at 0. You can add sensibility even if you reach 8k resolution and have a 1000 DPI mouse but lose little precision. LOL

So a 1000 DPI mouse do the job perfectly. MX620 is 1000 DPI but it is good to have the possibility to reduce the DPI when you have more than 400 DPI. So the problem is not trying to get the max DPI possible but have the option to reduce or set the DPI like you want without changing the in game sensibility.

All the gaming mice thing need to be reconsiderated since any standard laser mouse has at least 1000DPI these days. Most of the mice have DPI ajustment even if not tagged for gaming. Configuration and response time is more important. Built quality, software quality, shape of the mouse fitting your hand. At least 3 buttons on the left side.

Talking about software quality the software that comes with the Thermaltake Ventus x need a little fix since that crash when you try to save and press cancel. Once your profile is set and you setted switch profile for the top button when you switch to the other profile this profile is not correctly loaded. So again like the G700s we got problems with that profiles management here. It is why it is better to have a minimal setting and maybe forget about that additionnal profiles. One profile need to be enough or give me something that works 100% LOL.

I put the lights on and I discovered that the mouse wheel on the Thermaltake Ventus x flash one time for each DPI setting you switch. That means if you switch to your third DPI setting that flash 3 times. So you have on mouse indicator for the DPI change but the light of the wheel need to be on. Very interresting but I'm not a big fan of red lights since that means danger for me. :D So yes you cannot change the color of the light but no big deal I don't want any light and I can desactivate it when the software finaly decide to work. :D

Another thing to mention about the Thermaltake Ventus x . You can desactivate easily the OSD (on screen display) indicator for the DPI in the Windows menu bar. That means maybe no more crash in GTA 5. Let's try this...

SO What I can say about this mouse is everything is there to be a great mouse. The only thing missing is maybe a third button on the left side. The shape is great. The mouse is lightweight that means you can easily lift the mouse in critical situations when playing DOTA games for example. The mouse is also very easy to move so the response time (I mean your response time) is certainly better with this mouse. The main problem is the software here. Maybe there is a way to fix this but for now very anoying problem. Also the flashing mouse wheel is certainly not the best way to indicate a DPI change since you need to know that instantly not waiting for all flashes to realise you are on the wrong DPI and die like a noob LOL. Showing the DPI on desktop is not a perfect solution too since you cannot see that in full screen and that can lead to a game crash at the end.

Wes
06-04-2015, 05:32 PM
Just got the G602. This is the 2nd mouse I've ever tested that work even on a plan wood desk without mouse pad. The wood grain confuse the hell out of the normal mouse. Previously, only laser mouse would work on this surface. I'm glad they have another solution for it.

Comparing to G700, the G602 middle wheel doesn't feel as precise. It doesn't have the solid feel like G700. Swinging the mouse also feel too light. Also the profile is shorter than G700. I guess my hand is a bit big. The G700 feels more comfortable for me.

Ash
06-04-2015, 06:45 PM
Until the R.A.T pro X comes out not worth changing yet. Have the R.A.T M.M.O 7 and really like it. But If they can deliver what they are saying on the pro X it will be awesome.

Muscat
06-04-2015, 09:04 PM
But you can't have toggle on press DPI change on G700s profiles...aka sniper button. I got a price match today for the G602. I got a 37$ back..:) The wheel is not made of metal or alluminium but do the job. Maybe the wheel feel old fashion MS optical wheel but I read somewhere there is a problem with metal wheel when gaming. I am pretty sure this is not there to cut the total cost of the mouse.
I bought the Logitech M500 and MX performance to clear out all the shape possibilities after that I am done.
The M500 has the exact same shape of the MX620 but the mouse wheel seems way better even if I read many people that wanted the old rubber wheel back similar to the G602 wheel. The rubber wheel of the MX400 in fact. The old M500 model. At first the wheel seems very precise and useful but not stiff. You can move the mouse wheel left and right like the MX620 but this time you have a real distinct click not the fake or not really working stuff you get on the MX620.
I found today that the price match at bestbuy solve many shipping back time and money. I bought my G502, M65 online elsewhere and it is a dam problem if I want to return it they want 15% of the value.... The products are cheaper but if you want to return it paf in the teeth.

About the actual mice. I don't understand why they change the shape of the gaming mice when you have already one shape or many shapes everybody like and buy. Ok I can get the shape of the MX620 but I cannot have a gaming version. Stuck with the old setpoint software.

I find a way to make a sniper button on the MX Master. You can select sensibility in the selection box of each button and you get 2 sensibilities you can toggle. Not perfect since you need to press the button again to switch back but better than nothing for a non gaming mouse. :D

I think I'm gonna open the M500 and install the hardware of a high DPI and precision optical mouse in it. Like the G303 hardware. :D The M500 is lighweight and because of that that doesn't feel as good as the MX620. Also the top plastic is not the same color. Maybe grey or white heat less even with no light ????

As for the MX performance that seems the most desired and honored mouse out there it is why I wanted to do a final test with it. :D Let's see if the shape is really the top of the top like they said.

Muscat
06-04-2015, 09:29 PM
Here is how you convert a wireless mouse to a wired mouse . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tQkaMeGMg0
:D

Wes
06-06-2015, 02:13 AM
Until the R.A.T pro X comes out not worth changing yet. Have the R.A.T M.M.O 7 and really like it. But If they can deliver what they are saying on the pro X it will be awesome.

RATMMO7 looks funky! :D Is the size adjustable? It looks that way.

Ash
06-06-2015, 10:37 AM
yep but the next gen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhO02gcRwOc

Muscat
06-08-2015, 05:43 PM
Looks like this but this one don't have the weird angle on the right button : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g75ZZJgI0Yk

The back can't go very high even if those mice have height configuration .

Wes
06-09-2015, 11:26 AM
That mouse looks interesting. now i have to try it out as well.... Wonder if the laser/optical sensing of the wooden surface work as well as the G700.

Ash
06-09-2015, 03:56 PM
Looks like this but this one don't have the weird angle on the right button : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g75ZZJgI0Yk

The back can't go very high even if those mice have height configuration .

I have this one.....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCuw8pFNaAU

Muscat
06-09-2015, 07:02 PM
I have this one.....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCuw8pFNaAU

The shape of the mouse is exactly like the RAT 7 but you have more buttons on the left side and different colors. Your ring finger don't rub the angle of the right button?
Joanne review of your mouse: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrqZvghOxGA The cons are at the end of the video.

I bought another mouse today the m705 :D Since I don't find the right mouse shape in the gaming mice I try anything that can possibly fit. The front of the M705 is exactly like the M500, MX400, MX620, etc.... It is the Logitech signature but no support for the back of the hand. Look like a brilliant idea :)

MX Master, MX Performance and M705 use the exact same unifying usb dongle so I can switch between any standard Logitech mice without changing anything. Good for testing ....

Muscat
06-09-2015, 07:30 PM
Another future purchase: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdJE7BgV7zQ

Ash
06-10-2015, 05:57 PM
The shape of the mouse is exactly like the RAT 7 but you have more buttons on the left side and different colors. Your ring finger don't rub the angle of the right button?
Joanne review of your mouse: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrqZvghOxGA The cons are at the end of the video.

I bought another mouse today the m705 :D Since I don't find the right mouse shape in the gaming mice I try anything that can possibly fit. The front of the M705 is exactly like the M500, MX400, MX620, etc.... It is the Logitech signature but no support for the back of the hand. Look like a brilliant idea :)

MX Master, MX Performance and M705 use the exact same unifying usb dongle so I can switch between any standard Logitech mice without changing anything. Good for testing ....

My middle finger is always on the wheel so my ring finger is on the right click.

Do you remember the first 3 button mouse? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mouse_button#/media/File:Logitech_3_buttons_mouse.jpeg

That's what changed me forever.

Ash
06-10-2015, 06:03 PM
Another future purchase: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdJE7BgV7zQ

Ive had the Logitech G13 for five years and non of them are problem free.

Muscat
06-11-2015, 04:18 PM
My middle finger is always on the wheel so my ring finger is on the right click.

Do you remember the first 3 button mouse? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mouse_button#/media/File:Logitech_3_buttons_mouse.jpeg

That's what changed me forever.

Oh good way to place your fingers. Ideal for the Corsair M65 too . :)
I need pratice to always have the ring on the right click.

The price of the G602 dropped to USD 39.99. I don't know what happens. Maybe another logitech gaming mouse is coming with a similar shape, different wheel and higher DPI :D
http://gaming.logitech.com/en-us/product/g602-wireless-gaming-mouse

G700s also dropped to 49.99$ and many others
http://gaming.logitech.com/en-us/gaming-mice

Muscat
06-12-2015, 01:16 AM
Logitech has released the mx anywhere mouse 2. It seems that the new releases are colored, textured like the MX Master.
http://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/mx-anywhere2?wt.ac=ps%7C11888%7Cmxanywhere2-CTA1&crid=7

Sooo my verdict so far.

All mice can be good for something at least those I have currently.

The Logitech G502 Proteus Core : best wired and overall mouse to play Battlefield 4 and so... why? because you have everything you can find anywhere on the great gaming mice of 2015 and more and you can easily lift the mouse (the entire mouse because the weight is centered) this mouse also don't heat your hand. It is not the mouse to use all day long but for an hour of Battlefield nothing beat that. Also your arm need to be extended don't try this your face at 30 cm of the screen.

Ok but what to do if your face is at 30 cm of the screen and your arm at 90%? :D There is a mouse called Logitech MX Performance usefull for that but you are greatly limited if you play Battlefield 4 with that since you can set a mouse at 8200 DPI at the lowest sensibility in this game. This mouse is limited to 1600 DPI, not bad but well it is wireless and low DPI. Prepare to die often :D . You play with a laser mouse so lifting the mouse can lead to unpredictable results and the mouse weight is not centered anyway. But you can set some kind of sniper button on the zoom button. The G602 can be used with arm at 90% too but the back of your hand gonna rub the desk at some point. The Logitech M705 can also be used with your arm and body :D not in a ergonomic position and this time the back of your hand don 't move at all since you have no support for the back and a space to move the mouse under your hand. You can also lift this mouse easily if you have only one battery which is possible and if the battery is installed near the center. Too bad the mouse without battery has a perfect weight repartition but once you add one battery the weight go on the back.

OK now to play GTA 5 you need 2 things: A mouse and a game controller. Xbox one game controller of course to pilot the planes and copters. You can also buy a controller just for plane simulation but it is another subject and budget. :D
The best wheel I tested to play GTA 5 is the Ventus X wheel mouse. G502 and M65 wheel mouse are good too but you have to make a compromise here since you can stay in front of GTA 5 hours and hours doing different things and not just shooting.
You just need a 1000 DPI mouse to play GTA 5 so the response time is only the precious thing that can help you there. THe G602 has a great response time for a wireless. (polling rate 2 ms) But the MX performance, MX master and M705 have 8ms response time 125Hz pulling rate. So a wired mouse is welcome here (you can overclock the USB port of any mice to get the 500hz) or use a gaming wireless mouse that can be set to 500Hz pulling rate. 1000Hz is well know to use too much cpu ressource and can lead to lag.
Tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_hZipKt72M
So just find a wired mouse with a confortable feel for your hand and maybe a possible sniper button and a stiff precise mouse wheel. It is not a wired mouse but even the scult ergonomic MS mouse has a sniper button those days. :D
So Logitech G602, gaming wireless mouse or Evoluent VerticalMouse 4 wired :D . Name it I don't have your hand. It is what I search since the beginning and I start to think the solution is in a different shaped mouse like the LX3, G3 but with 2-3 buttons on the left side. For the moment the M500 do the job but for a unknown reason the MX620 feel better in my hand even if it is the same shape. The color and top texture is different making the mouse feel bigger and no sweat. The plastic is glossy...anyway...

For mmo G602 or other weird stuff like Naga I'm not gonna test :D or... maybe :D

For Dota.. A standard lightweight wired mouse you can lift. Something like the M705 but wired and centered weight like the G502. But you can use the G602 and assign the 6 skills to the 6 buttons and bang!!!! Not the best mouse to lift...em. Something like I mentioned LX3, G3 shape or other mice shapes that fit your hand for both left and right hands with more buttons. Ok forget about the Logitech G3. It is very small even if on the Logitech web site claim 130cm long X 43cm high it is not that... . You have many Gaming Logitech and Razer mice that can fit that size like the Daedalus Apex, G100 and Razer Abyssus but the Logitech LX3 size and shape is harder to find with more buttons on the side. It is what I am searching for. Maybe same shape but a bit longer 130cm long X 43cm was agreat value but well :D

For the M65 well...solid mouse and good response, nice hard plastic feel and all but not a confortable mouse at least when you play for a long time or do something else during a long time.

Ash
06-14-2015, 11:52 AM
The R.A.T. 7 returned to the store today. I have not tested the sensor or even the usb cable and software because the ergonomic part not fit already. The dam angle on the right button hurts too much the free third finger I cannot really recommend using this one but it is a dam cool well made mouse if you don't see that. All RAT mice are similar for this so for me no more R.A.T.S :D

Haha I didn't see this. Uhm that looks like a button but ive never tried to program it. Im going to get into the profiles again. I forgot about the action lock function. Too many new games are making me press the button over and over.

Muscat
06-14-2015, 07:35 PM
Haha I didn't see this. Uhm that looks like a button but ive never tried to program it. Im going to get into the profiles again. I forgot about the action lock function. Too many new games are making me press the button over and over.

Hi Ash, I talk about the right click button.

I started returning all the mice today :D
The G602 and MX Master today the other ones during next week.
I wanted to keep the G602 but they dropped the price too much in USA. I mean that dopped only at $60 here in Canada and I paid 100$ for the mouse +taxes. Maybe when they drop the price under $50 but for now it is weird. They are doing something. Maybe another similar mouse is coming with better spec.
Only the G502 which I bought first stay on the desk.... Dam waste of time :D I have done all this just because at first the G502 was not right in my hand...
If I can find a mouse similar too the Logitech Lx3 with more buttons and quality built I post it here but for now I'm done :D

Muscat
06-14-2015, 08:06 PM
I just received a email. Somebody said to me that a LX3 with more buttons = M500 LOL ok then. The top angle is similar but...so many things are differents.

I think I found something... Look at this baby. Worst electronic you can buy but the shape is very similar. :D The mouse is even longer but maybe not high enough.
http://www.stuartconnections.com/fr/mice-and-keyboards/2984-Dell-7-Button-Matte-Black-XPS-Premium-Bluetooth-Mouse-UN733-DH956-DH421.html.

Muscat
06-16-2015, 01:01 AM
NOO I'M NOT DONE :D

I bought a used Dell 5 buttons wired mouse. Here : http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dell-Premium-Optical-5-Button-USB-Mouse-Wired-Wheel-MOA8BO-PY777-MY897-PY778-/310889565740
not on ebay of course but somewhere in Montreal. In real it is not the electronic the problem but the way the exterior plastic is made. You press on the right back of the mouse and you do a right click. Same think for the left. The top is made of 2 separates black parts and because of that the parts shake like hell . The mouse feel like a piece of crap that gonna fell apart any time. :D Don't spend a cent one this. I bought a new Logitech LX3 for less money and it is a masterpiece if you compare to that crap. :D
But well... the shape...it is really what it is a better shape than the logitech even if it is some kind of copy but the built quality... Hard to find worst. I mean the Logitech LX3 it is one of the lowest budget mouse they ever made and that blow that crap. LOL
I'm not sure that can be fixed...tons of glue?? anyway...

I tested all the dam mice in the Bestbuy and Staples. There is some mice to not forget the existence like those in this list.
Logitech M310. http://www.amazon.ca/Logitech-M310-Wireless-Mouse-Silver/dp/B003I4FHNA/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1434425417&sr=1-2&keywords=Logitech+m310
The Logitech M310 don't have any side buttons but this mouse feels right the first time you touch it. :D

The mouse in the Microsoft Comfort Blue Track Desktop 5000 http://www.amazon.ca/Microsoft-Comfort-Desktop-Keyboard-Mouse-French/dp/B002DY7M6G
Microsoft Wireless Laser Desktop 7000 mouse http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Wireless-Laser-Desktop-7000/dp/B0012OKAP8 (ok the wheel is horrible but the shape is interresting :D)
The Microsoft Wireless Mouse 2000 . Again no side buttons mouse. http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-36D-00001-Wireless-Mouse-2000/dp/B002ZV6S7Q/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1434431861&sr=1-1&keywords=Microsoft+Wireless+Mouse+2000

Now for the gaming mice. They have demo of the most popular gaming mice in the big Staples stores. I tried the Razer DeathAdder for the third time and I really don't know why this mouse is so popular...:D
I also tried the Razer Naga . The mouse feel geat in my hand. Many many side buttons some I cannot reach if I don't look at the mouse and forget about the game. Feel a bit slippy on top but shape of this mouse is better than I tough.
AND THE FINAL ... I see 2 mice one beside the other in front of me and almost not started to test because I already have one and the other looks very very similar. The G502 and the G402.......I try the G502 to be sure I have the same dam mouse with that weird almost parallel to the desk front buttons. And of course it is the same :D . I start to check the G402 and BAM! DAMMIT! ALL THE GAMERS ON THIS PLANETE NEED TO KNOW. They are different... I mean enough to say that the G402 has a better shape a way better shape. The front of the mouse is NOT like the G502 but more like the standard Logitech mice but in a better way. The front click buttons do an arc like the M500, M705, G700s,G602, etc... They are not almost parallel to the desk like the G502. Ok the mouse wheel is made of rubber . The wire is also made of rubber but this mouse feel soo better in the hand than the G504. 4 000 ppp instead of 12 000 ppp well ... This mouse can replace replace any G5, MX518, G500s, name it..... And you can use it all day..

OK This mouse deserve a new home :D .
http://www.amazon.ca/Logitech-Hyperion-Gaming-Fusion-910-004069/dp/B00LZVNWIA

Muscat
06-16-2015, 08:37 PM
I have the G402 in my hand right now and it is not quite the front shape (angle) of the M500. It is more the angle of a current standard mice. Your fingers don't have to follow the shape of the mouse like the G502. The arc is still not enough prononced to my tast. The top is more slippy than the G502 if your hand is dry. The height of the mouse is a bit low. Because of these changes the mouse feel bigger

Muscat
06-17-2015, 01:26 PM
I found a brand new MX620 at bestbuy today. It was in the MK700 wireless desktop bundle. 65$ CAD for the wireless keyboard and mouse. This package is at $239.00 USD on Amazon. :D
My first wireless keyboard ever!! Product discontinued since 2010. :o

Muscat
06-19-2015, 05:50 PM
Ok I got the Logitech M310. What I have to say about this mouse is all the side and black top part is made of rubber and the grey is a flat non glossy surface. That makes the mouse confort very great even if it is a cheap $30 wireless mouse. 15-17$ in the US.
The mouse use the same unifying receiver as the MX Performance, MX Master, M705, etc... I wish I can get a wireless keyboard using this. One dongle for all mice and keyboards that save a lot of USB slots. The bad thing about this mouse is the teflon pads which are very cheap mini teflons that can scratch your desk easily. A mouse pad is required for this mouse. Anyway this is an optical mouse better using it on a soft surface . Not sure but on the logitech website they talk about laser for the M310T. Ok the mouse is both laser and optical. I can see the optical and laser hole in the same sensor.

I tried the G402 in Blizzard Heroes of the storm yesterday. The mouse fits very well with that kind of games. THe clicks are less anoying than the G502 and the shape more adapted but some features are not there like surface adaptation and multiple profiles. THe mouse is optical so maybe perform better on a softpad but direct on the desk was not bad at all. Already better than wireless mice and low pulling rate logitech standard mice.

Muscat
06-22-2015, 04:58 PM
Too many miiiiiiice!
I discovered some Gigabyte mice during my search but now more I see all the Gigabyte collection more I think they make it right at least the shape of their mice seems very right.
The Gigabyte M6880 looks like a Logitech MX620 for gamer. :D
Some models look like a MX620 mixed with the back of a LX3. Excellent!
2 pages of gaming mice for big hands.
http://www.gigabyte.fr/products/list.aspx?s=50&p=197&v=8&ck=14

Aivia M8600 V2 for the Wireless one http://www.gigabyte.fr/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3777#ov

Need to see some review...

Ok I read some reviews and they seem to have some sensor problems. Other reviewers don't see that but it is the overall complain. Overall complain about logitech mice is double clicks instead of one click after a time.

Muscat
06-22-2015, 07:06 PM
Here is what ASUS are doing... not released yet. http://rog.asus.com/391542015/gaming-keyboards-gaming-mice/ces-2015-rog-spatha-gaming-mouse-wirelesswired-mmo-laser-sensor-and-more/

Muscat
06-26-2015, 07:56 PM
Time to test the Razer Naga :D Naga HEX wraith red. Not for the sensor of course but more for the shape and how those buttons can be useful. You have a wireless version of the naga. Not that one but the chroma.
http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-mice/razer-naga-hex

Returned the M705 and M500 since I know this shape very well . My 2 Mx620 are similar and the clicks speed and feel is not near the quality of the G402 for that. Also the mouse wheel move left and right when you move the mouse fast and it is a really anoying sound and feel. The M500 has the same mouse wheel but move less, the M500 need more weight, an optical sensor and quality clicks like the G402. If they change that this mouse is gonna be very popular for gaming but now I don't really understand why use this shape for a wired mouse not made for gaming. The sensor is at the center. Everything is there to make it possible but you need to mod the mouse to convert it to a gaming mouse.

Other mice I'm gonna test. Razer DeathAdder, Razer Naga chroma if the one I have has not the same good shape. Maybe the ouroboros. The Mionix Naos 7000 or Avior. Some other optical mice with top sensors maybe....

Muscat
06-28-2015, 01:24 PM
Ok Razer Naga Hex first impression : This is not gonna work... I tried the mouse with many games and you have something here but that need a lot of practice and pain. :D Configuring the buttons for what you want is fun but trying to use those buttons in the action during the game is frustrating. Your thumb always gonna touch a button when you click even if the tiny dummy at the center of the left of the mouse side is not a button. To not accidentally touch a button during gameplay your thumb need to be precisely resting on the dummy at the center of the 6 buttons. This require a lot of pratice and it is NOT confortable at all. Once you try this mouse you understand that is better to have a ton of buttons you can reach where you want and desactivate the ones you accidentally touch or don't have button at all around this place. The G602 or G700s have already a better buttons placement. The G602 ,,the 6 buttons you need but in a better place already.

Now the shape of the mouse: This mouse has a very different shape and feel than most of the mice out there. The mouse feel small in my hand , you have support for the fourth (ring) finger at the right but in my case it fails to support the ring finger correctly since I always rub the desk.
The left mouse click is not bad it sounds and feel like my old mice (Intellimouse). This is not the nice feel of the G402 or MX620 for the clicks. I think the right mouse click is the most important and in this case it is not the best I have tested. The G502 buttons are noisy but feel very crunchy and durable. The G402 right click is so far the best I have tested. The lx3 clicks are of course horrible if I compare and I know they are not durable but I do really like the shape and quality of the top and side finish of that mouse. Corsair M65 clicks are very good too. The M65 is my backup mouse now I know nothing gonna destroy it :D

The finish of the mouse: The glossy finish at the top is very nice but in this case a good example of what not to do with the glossy. The Logitech LX3 glossy is perfect but the Naga one really heat your hand. The glossy is great at the beginning but after a time really becomes a problem.

The mouse wheel is great. Nothing negative to say about it . Great silent wheel. That means maybe the Mamba and DeathAdder have great built quality too. Let's see....

Muscat
06-28-2015, 11:47 PM
Here is a very interresting link. You can see the sensor used in all those mice. High rated sensors for gaming PMW3310, A3090, S3989, MLT04, AM010 N1301T/N1303T and of course the best of all PMW3366.

http://thatstoday.com/a/5879078

Muscat
06-29-2015, 05:46 PM
DeathAdder time!!!!!!!! Once on my desk the mouse shape feels a bit better than on a high demo display shelf. I still think the higher part of the mouse is too much at the center and not enough on the back but it is very usable the way it is but your palm don't really touch the mouse that way. Since the palm is the main thing heating the mouse maybe it is a good thing and one reason the mouse is so popular. The sensor is the new updated optical S3989. The S3988 need to be updated with a recent firmware to not start to malfunction after 2 months and die on you. So it supposed to be a great already updated sensor. Let see... A guy pointed out that the main thing he don't like about this mouse is the angle on the right click button. It is the first thing I saw and feel when I first started to use the mouse. You have an angle at the front of the mouse just to make it special I imagine but because of that you ring finger (fourth) press accidentally on the right click when in a rest position at the right of the mouse. Player using the ring finger for right click don't have this problem of course because the pinky is too small to reach that part. When you know it you just place you hand in a 10 degree angle to the right on the mouse. Most of the mice feel better that way anyway. Is it good or bad? When you move it is not perfectly horizontal of course. No mouse is perfect it seems. It is not the best mouse wheel on earth. Stiffer than the G402 and G502 but feel cheep made like the old MS mice. If you don't try to palm the mouse that feels like a confortable mouse because that support your 2 fingers. Your 2 main fingers touch the mouse including the join all on the front part (angle) of the mouse. You can also use the starting part of your finger to click the mouse.

I'm not gonna comment on the colors. I have the chroma so nice rainbo cycling colors I don't care about :D
The left buttons on left part of the mouse: The click is very loud on this buttons. Louder than any clicks buttons I clicked during my entire life :D And you feel the click vibration in your thumb... good or bad? Bad for the feel and the people trying to sleep on the other side of the wall. :D That remembers me the time when the click was a metallic bubble. Those style of buttons was not durable at all.... The most popular game was Bubble Bobble (https://www.c64-wiki.com/index.php/Bubble_Bobble) at the time. I think the shape feel a bit better than the G402 appart for the dam click button angle but of course it is not the quality of the G402 for the finish and the overall built. Why they sell it 100$? Because they can, not because that worth it :D

Muscat
07-02-2015, 04:30 PM
I'm back in force after 2 days of intense gaming :D
New mice on the desk:
Naga Epic Chroma (http://www.razerzone.com/fr-fr/gaming-mice/razer-naga-epic-chroma) (wireless mmo mouse)
G600 (http://gaming.logitech.com/en-us/product/g600-mmo-gaming-mouse) (wired Logitech mmo mouse)
G300s (http://gaming.logitech.com/en-us/product/g300s-gaming-mouse) (a small one with the front shape of the old Logitech mice)
Asus Strix Claw (https://www.asus.com/Gaming/STRIX_CLAW/) (everything supposed to be high quality in the mouse and it is a very nice shape but the mouse itself feel cheap made. Let see after some tests.. sensor need a firmware update (https://www.asus.com/ca-en/Gaming/STRIX_CLAW/HelpDesk_Download/) or the mouse fail after 2 months for your informations so forget about the bad reviews on the net this is mostly people not updating the mouse)

Muscat
07-03-2015, 12:44 PM
G402 at 32.99$ http://www.ncix.com/detail/logitech-g402-hyperion-fury-fps-d5-100650-1283.htm
Worth it!!!!!!

Dam I like the price match system :D 21$ back to buy another mouse :D

Ash
07-03-2015, 09:19 PM
There is no way I could test any mouse soo fast. I make any little change,mouse, keyboard, screen, desk, or chair and I need a month.

Muscat
07-04-2015, 03:44 PM
It is a fast overview, review ...The video is coming too with all the mice just to see the size and shape when they are all together. Of course only time say if those mice are durable but some elements can be detected fast. They really make big mistakes when they lauch products like that. Another thing is your own hand shape. I have a really standard hand shape for an adult but the gaming product is released mostly for children. Many gaming mice are really small these days or made to fit both adult and child hands. The result is weird shaped mice not really perfect for any hand shapes. :D

I can already say for the NAGA EPIC CHROMA. This mouse is way overpriced for what you got and out of the box I already have stuff not working. The top plastic of the mouse is too shaky and thin. The charger base don't charge. You can plug the mouse directly to its usb port to charge it and that works. You can also just plug the mouse and forget about the wireless. I paid $200 for that mouse just to give you an idea. The quality built is far from the G600 quality I paid $70. Other than that the shape of the NAGA EPIC is very different and fit my hand better than the NAGA HEX. The mouse is laser, the Naga Hex is Optical, the G600 is laser and the shape is really ergonomic too. About the 12 buttons. You can easily press by error the buttons on the NAGA EPIC and really because the way it is made all those buttons are not very confortable for the thumb when playing intensive games. The mouse wheel is very correct. The clicks are also very acceptable even if the plastic screems each time you click. :D So the sound of the click is not anoying but the cracking sound of the plastic make the mouse feel really cheap made. It is so thin I cannot believe this can be durable. The other parts of the mouse feel very solid and overall the shape fit better than the DeathAdder but the buttons make it lose the war against the G600 I'm gonna review later.

Muscat
07-06-2015, 08:54 PM
All the Nagas are back to the store. Asus Strix Claw back to the store and of course the M310 :D

I don't need to waste a lot of time on the G300s. I already know this is not do the trick just by touching the mouse :D. Maybe the G303?
Logitech need to release at least a wireless version of the G402 (this mouse need more weight and that wire kill everything)
I tested all those mice in Unreal Tournament 4 today. Installed all version of visual studio to realise Unreal engine use only the community version or the full retail version at $500 us.
Since it is C++ now to code new mods and mutators everything is complicated for nothing. :D I am not even able to play my own mods since you have many problems with the different compiled versions but anyway back to the mice.

I am always surprise each time I switch to the G502 and this time is not different. This mouse kill everything. You remove all mouse sensibility and acceleration in the UT4 setting, you plug the G502 at max DPI setting and bam!!! All the tests you have done before with all other mice was just waste of time LOL. I have really hard time to make other mice works and feel correctly except maybe the new Razer DeathAdder Chroma since this mouse works at 10000 DPI. This mouse is also easy to setup in UT. The Razer feel like a old 800 DPI mouse at 0 sensibility in UT4 and the G502 like a 1000 or 1200 DPI mouse at 0 sensibility. You raise the sensibility a bit and that begins to be complicated. So with the other mice it is more complicated and great results is very hard to get. How I explain that? The G402 is very lightweight and the sensor response is a bit weird I think it i mostly because of the stiff plastic mouse wire and the weight of the mice. The mouse can move alone because of the tention on the wire vs weight. The mouse can easily be moved and any shaky movements you do are registered and maybe multiplied because of a some kind of fake DPI rating. LOL Same thing for the Strix Claw even if it is the old DeathAdder sensor you have in this mouse the DPI seems boosted by the driver or software and certainly not gives you 1 on 1 DPI movements. That can be the surface too since I am directly to the desk but that works for the DeathAdder why not for the Strix?.

Ok THe Strix Claw. The mouse plastic top feel cheap and that is shaky. You place your hand on the mouse and it is an instant click of almost all buttons except the very stiff mouse wheel button. Stiffer than any mice I tested but in game that works well and it is not a problem. The problem is more the fast response and sensibility of everything on this mouse. Buttons, sensor, etc. That can be good but oh too much clicks by error, fast double click the computer or game don't even have time to register. I don't think a mice made like that can last very long. If the mouse was made like the Asus ROG with replacable switches, wire and separate clicks modules I certainly not returned the mouse as fast. The mouse shape is near like the MX1100 and very confortable but overall this mouse don't feel resistant. The vibration of each click echo in the mouse like a OEM mouse that comes with a cheap computer Desktop. The driver, firmware is beta and do weird stuff when you start the beta software you install. Of course the software crash when you try to change DPI setting during a game. You not even able to open the software and the result .. you don't know what is your current DPI or edit the profile to have the right setting in your prefered game.

The razer NAGA HEX. Mostly the buttons you press by errors, weird shape, too much glossy plastic (inconfort) , Inconfort of the dummy for your thumb. Other than that great sensor and mouse wheel. Clicks feel a bit cheap made plastic.
The razer NAGA EPIC CHROMA read the previous post. Better shape than many gaming mice but incomfortable after a time because of the angle on the back and buttons section under the thumb. Not working 100% out of the box, cheap thin plastic on top. Maybe short battery life. Overpriced product.

The G600. Great mouse, great shape. I tested it in UT4 and that works but the mouse shape is very special for UT. I need to try more but already this mouse can be used for many things. The wire is the best mouse wire I have seen to date. Braided and very lightweight. Not stiff at all. Better wire than the G502 even if it looks similar. The mouse clicks feel solid like the Tank (M65) I have in a box near my desk. The mouse also seems built like a tank and have a lot of weight. The base of the mouse seems as solid as the aluminum base of the M65. Figure? Any desktop tasks can be enchanced with this mouse. You have 3 mouse clicks on top and one wheel mouse click for a total of 4. One click button under the ring finger. Only the pinky don't have a button or click. That means a lot of cool combinaisons in game and using the ring finger for alternate fire or anything you want. The buttons on the left are well made so you can press the one you want without pressing another one. They are stiff enough to never have undesirable press when you right or left click. A mouse to try really....

Muscat
07-07-2015, 06:40 PM
Solved the problem with the G402. Logitech has a firmware update for this mouse. The X and Y axis sensibility was not set equal. One of the big mistake they can make when they release new stuff fast.
Also I forget about the dam mouse pad you need to use with an optical sensor. This mouse don't have the option to adjust the precision on certain surfaces like many Logitech gaming mice and now many other brand mice.
The cloth mousepad is required for the G402 or the mouse don't response very well. THe G502 don't really need a mousepad but because it is an optical that feels better on a mousepad. At 4000 DPI the sensibility need to be around 0.65 in Unreal Tournament 4. You have a big difference at each 0.01 steps. Now the mouse do really great in FPS not just in other game types. The mouse don't move as easy as direct on the desk and that solve at the same time the mouse moving alone problem because of the cable or the wind. LOL

=A!M=OakWind
07-11-2015, 10:08 AM
My g500 has been double clicking when I single click. I thought I was going to have to replace it, but decided to look into the issue. It looks like there is a solution:

http://community.pcgamingwiki.com/page/blog/_/features/modding-guides/double-click-problem-faulty-mouse-button-repair-r152

Going to give it a try later.

Muscat
07-11-2015, 03:23 PM
My g500 has been double clicking when I single click. I thought I was going to have to replace it, but decided to look into the issue. It looks like there is a solution:

http://community.pcgamingwiki.com/page/blog/_/features/modding-guides/double-click-problem-faulty-mouse-button-repair-r152

It is easy to repair. In fact you don't need to repair in most case. I cleaned and fixed my old Intellimouse yesterday. The right click was broken. You can open the defect switch only in one side and everything in the switch gonna pop like it was before if you are lucky. You don't even need to see what is in the switch. Just push to replace the side of the switch after that et voila.
Mine works like new. I have done that because I started to look at the Zowie and Steelseries Sensei. Those mice are very similar to the intellimouse optical. Steelseries are selling more Intellimouse than anything they created LOL. The Intellimouse shape is a classic reference so...

I ordered the Mionix Naos 7000 at Massdrop (

It is easy to repair. In fact you don't need to repair in most case. I cleaned and fixed my old Intellimouse yesterday. The right click was broken. You can open the defect switch only in one side and everything in the switch gonna pop like it was before if you are lucky. You don't even need to see what is in the switch. Just push to replace the side of the switch after that et voila.
Mine works like new. I have done that because I started to look at the Zowie and Steelseries Sensei. Those mice are very similar to the intellimouse optical. Steelseries are selling more Intellimouse than anything they created LOL. The Intellimouse shape is a classic reference so... I ordered the Mionix Naos 7000 at [URL="https://www.massdrop.com/r/K6UZTG) since it is very complicated and expensive to get it in Canada. Here is the link if anyone is interrested. This mouse has one of the best sensor on the market and it is one if not the most ergonomic horizontal mouse out there. More we have people more the price drop. (9 days left and 16 purchased since yesterday noon) Massdrop (https://www.massdrop.com/r/K6UZTG) Mionix Naos 7000 (https://www.massdrop.com/buy/mionix-naos-7000?s=mionix)

Muscat
07-13-2015, 01:25 AM
8 days left and 82 ordered already. Price dropped to $39.99. Qty Max is 200. I think in 3 days we gonna reach the max. I don't know if the price can drop more... First time I try this...

Muscat
07-27-2015, 03:04 PM
Here is some mice I tested
In order Left to right:
MS Sculpt mobile mouse
Top: VENTUS X , M500 , Performance Mouse MX, M65 , G502
Bottom: LX7 , MX620 , M705 , G602 , MX Master

In order clockwise from the red one:
Razer Naga Hex, Razer Naga Epic Chroma, G402 , Asus Strix Claw, G600 , Razer DeathAdder, Corsair M65, G502

Ninjahedge
08-04-2015, 08:47 PM
So many mice.

So few balls.

Muscat
08-12-2015, 10:49 AM
I received the Mionix Naos 7000 2 days ago. It is a very different design with something similar to the G600 for the fourth finger. At first that was a bit weird because every angles are not as prononced as all the mice I tested. The mouse is not so high so the angle at the front is not that prononced like the old Logitech mice. The entire mouse seems rubberised so it is less slippy than the G402 for example and feel great in the hand. I don't think it is rubber... more a plastic finish like the Ventus X. Because the mouse is some minimeters lower, the front angle very long and the back very soft the grip is in fact just the front of your hand fitting the shape of the mouse. The soft grip on the side and high weight of the mouse limit a bit any mouse lifting during intense gaming session. The back of your hand has a soft very limited support because of some minimeters less on height. You have less mouse sweet because of that and of course the plastic finish. The back of your hand rub the desk like a small gaming mouse Your movements are not as great as a small mouse but I think more acceptable than a bigger mouse like the Logitech MX Master or MX Performance. The mouse feel more like a laser mouse even if it is an optical. The response seems better directly on the desk than on a mouse pad. Now the buttons: The switches are certainly great but the top plastic is in one piece like all the many low quality mice out there. No additionnal internal plastic shapes to absorb the vibration and impact of the clicks like the classic Intellimouse and all the Logitech. So that means when you click you can feel and hear the plastic rubbing the switch and the vibration and echo of that. It is not a high quality product like the Logitech mice and when I say that that means there is no way to charge $50 and over for that kind of product. It is not the end of the world but that makes the mouse clicks just as good as a standard Dell mouse or a $10 Logitech, Microsoft Desktop mouse. I returned the Asus Strix very fast for that reason. The Razer mice have nearly the same built quality with a more tiny plastic LOL. The echo, vibration and cheap feeling is less a problem than the Strix because mainly of the shape I'm pretty sure. I can pass on it for now. That makes great right clicks but very bad left clicks. Because of that the G402 I paid $30 has a way better built quality. Another weird thing about this mouse is the wheel. The wheel position is very low and seems to much at the back even if not. But because of the low position the grip on the wheel is not that great even if it is full rubber with dents. The wheel is very stiff too so at the end not a great feeling about it but let's see my verdict with more gaming experience with that mouse. For the software.. So far it works.. Multiple profiles like the G502, G700. The limited number of buttons on the mouse don't give you a chance to set a profile changer on it but it is good to have it. Just don't forget to switch with the software before launching the game that can be tricky during the game. A lot of options in the not so good looking interface I have not tested now. :D So for me it is not a bad purchase. The shape deserve/worth the try. The price I paid is somewhere the price of a new standard enchanced desktop mouse.

I purchased the M500 again. A nice price drop last week at Staples. The new one seems better than the first I tested. More weight, better clicks and mouse wheel.. figure... Happy with my purchase so far... I bought the mouse at BestBuy this time with a pricematch. The pricematch at Staples is a bit tricky. At BestBuy you have a stand with 2 computers, 2 transaction pods and 3 employees waiting most of the time just for that all the time. LOL this store is crazy for that even if nobody know it here in Canada. But don't buy cellphones at BestBuy, you need a 2 years phone contract you cannot broke. No full priced high end refundable cellphones just dam contracts.

Muscat
08-15-2015, 03:00 PM
OK I think it is my final words on that for a long time.

What is a good gaming mouse?
I think I have the answer after all these tests and collected informations from bad and good sources. :D

1. The mouse need separated click buttons (plastic parts). (if it is not the case it is a bad sign especially if it is not a high end Logitech mouse)
For example: The classic Intellimouse, The G502, G402, G303, MX Master, G602. Old discontinued (G3,G9x)
Why? Better click response and feel, If the mouse plastic start to be used or change shape a bit because of the heat in a single top plastic part mouse, the mouse is good for the trashcan because just a simple change in the shape and there is no real solution to get your old nice mouse click back since if you add tape or anything to try to fix that this gonna impact all the top of the mouse including the other side. Believe me....

2. Wired mouse. Yes you have some nice wireless mice out there but seriously whatever you try wired is always the way to go for the required fast response time. If you go wireless be sure to buy the G602. You don't have many choices and Logitech stay the best product you can get for that. The problem with wired mouse is the cable gonna broke someday (soon) and if you don't replace it fast that can lead to a broken sensor. So if your mouse start doing weird stuff time to change the cable (right now) if you don't want to buy another mouse.

3. Sensor with NO acceleration or near. This can be a choice too because some people can be accustomed to acceleration in game. I though I was myself accustomed but I read the Intellimouse I used for years don't have much acceleration and it is why this mouse is dam good for gaming and for many other reasons of course. Here is a list: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56240.0 . This not the complete list. I have another link on this thread. Check it out.

4. A mouse that fit the front of your hand if it is small or your entire hand if it is a big one. This is by far the most important thing but if you search just for the shape in head you gonna end modding an ergonic non gaming mouse. Like the M500, etc. Not the best option but works in many non fps games until the mouse click problems happens. Many years in fact :D

5. teh dam DPI. Is it important or not? I seriously think it is important but not because of your gaming session. It is more because you not gonna use the same DPI during game and desktop session. You can also find a game that require specific DPI adjustments for your need. What is important is to be able to change DPI ranging to at least 400-2500. You really need the 400, 800 and 1000 DPI for gaming. 1600-2500 for the desktop. 4000-12000 for some kind of easy setup with high sensibility game that gives you that possibility but get ready to waste a lot of time with the DPI stuff if you go there.

6.Find a mouse that fit your grip. Most people use palm grip but some special gamers use different grips to have some kind of fast response. Here is some info on that: http://www.epicgear.com/en/technologies/types-of-mouse-grip

7. At least 2 buttons on the side if you play MMO RPG, FPS. One sniper button if you play FPS can be good but even if I have one in many of my mice I don't really use it. The 2 buttons are mostly for autorun, melee attack, throw weapon. Very useful in desperate last action in a fight. It makes all the difference! :D One button by side for the melee in FPS and autorun in RPG MMO can do the trick (see Intellimouse 1.1) but I seriously think this is the strict minimum. :D

8.braided cable I add it there but I really don't know if it is true that braided cable last for ever since it is a new stuff but why take a chance? Rubber cables don't last long a can confirm that so braided cables have a seriously big chance to last longer than rubber just by the way they are made.

9. Quality switches. I add this because you have so many cheap mice out there but if you stick with the main brand and separated click buttons (parts) this not gonna be a problem. What you can discover is maybe you like more the clicks of a certain type of switches. You have 2 main brands. The most popular for gaming is the OMRON switch with 30 000 000 clicks. You have many similar OMRON switches but only one model last 30 000 000 clicks. Be aware. But I have a mouse with 10 000 000 clicks I like a lot for the click feel etc. It is not an OMRON etc.. I have it for years.. So... It is more the built quality overall of the mouse. If the mouse is not well made the switch not gonna last long even if it is 30 000 000 clicks and if it is a one piece top mouse this gonna end with a new mouse since the switch can be easily fixed but not the used section of the single top part making your click incorrect and the mouse useless after a time.

10. Centered sensor. Again this can be a preference but if your sensor is at the center that means less chance to have problems during gameplay. Because in many games you gonna lift the mouse and this gonna make the difference in a final fight. If your mouse don't respond well (on both side) or just in one side but you lift the mouse the wrong side you are screwed!!

11. Good Mouse Wheel. Most mouse wheels are just ok but some brands don't care too much about that or some entry models are very awful. Be aware! Also the game you play can require some kind of specific mouse wheel type. For example: If you have a circular selection for items this can lead with a limited choice for a good mouse wheel since that kind of menu require a stiff wheel mouse with a specific sensibility. Many mouse software have ajustable sensibility for the wheel but that cannot change the physical dents and stiffness of the wheel. Ajustable sensibility can solve the problem with mouse with a well built wheel mouse like the G502 but can be useless for many. I can confirm the wheel are very ok for the Razer mice even if those mice lack of many other important things. :D

12. Large mouse feet I add this there because in 2015 I think it is important to know that a large mouse feet is more durable and stable to maintain always the same height for the sensor beam. Tinny mouse feet are the worst and can scratch your desk if you don't have a mouse pad. Of course tiny means really tiny and we need to look at it because some brands or entry models are horrible for that.

13. Optical sensor and mouse pad. Yep Optical sensor are better for gaming for many reasons. Do a google search..... but that also means if you don't have the last high end optical mouse you need a mouse pad. I can confirm that the G502,G303,Mionix 7000 and I guess the Razer DeathAdder don't need necessary a mouse pad if you are directly on the desk but don't dream to much about that. If you don't have a surface analyser in the software better going with a mouse pad. You need to change often the pad since those things are not durable.

14. The grip on the side, shape and weight (lifting the mouse) Another important thing some brands take care now is the possibility to easily lift the mouse equally front, back . Very required for moba games. of course the mouse need to be symmetric or nearly symmetric. (ambidextrous a good idea if the brand not have any specific model made with that rule)

Why this list because now your choice is limited. You have many...so many mice out there but only some models have everyhting you need for a great gaming mouse. I can already say less than 20 maybe 10.

Winner for sure: G502, G303. When you remove some requirement and go for the shape and overall good quality for a gaming mouse you can easily end with the Intellimouse even in 2015. :D This is not a gaming mouse but dam good at it. If you mod it the way you want you are in paradise. :) I ordered a braided cable and new mouse feet..... ready for 10 more years with my Intellimouse..........

Muscat
08-15-2015, 04:13 PM
Here is a list of mouse with separated click (parts) :
I have not tested all those mice but I am pretty sure now this is the way to go.

Intellimouse 1.1 (http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-D58-00026-Intellimouse-Optical-Mouse/dp/B00005TQ08)
Intellimouse ex 3.0 (http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Intellimouse-Explorer-Gaming-Package/dp/B000GOUE7O/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1439666750&sr=1-1&keywords=intellimouse)
Razer Ouroboros (Ready to spend a lot of money?) (http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-mice/razer-ouroboros) - Laser -
The R.A.T (if you are using 3 fingers on the top of the mouse) (http://madcatz.com/products/mouse/) - Laser -
G303 (http://gaming.logitech.com/fr-ca/product/gaming-mouse-g303)
G602 (wireless only) (http://gaming.logitech.com/fr-ca/product/g602-wireless-gaming-mouse)
G502 (http://gaming.logitech.com/fr-ca/product/g502-proteus-core-tunable-gaming-mouse)
G402 (http://gaming.logitech.com/fr-ca/product/g402-hyperion-fury-fps-gaming-mouse)
G302 (http://gaming.logitech.com/fr-ca/product/moba-gaming-mouse-g302)
G9x (http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Programmable-Laser-Gaming-Precision/dp/B001NTFATI) - Laser -
G3 (http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-G3-Laser-Mouse-931691-0403/dp/B000GP6HQA/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1439667350&sr=1-1&keywords=logitech+G3) - Laser -

I cannot say for the quality of these ones but here to enlarge the list

R.A.T. 3 (http://store.madcatz.com/categories/mice-category/Mad-Catz-RAT-3-Optical-Gaming-Mouse-for-PC-and-Mac.html) - old optical sensor -
COUGAR 700M (http://www.cougargaming.com/products/mice/cougar_700m.html) - Laser -
Cougar 600M (http://www.cougargaming.com/products/mice/cougar_600m.html) - Laser -
Corsair Raptor M30 (http://www.corsair.com/en-us/raptor-m30-gaming-mouse) - old optical sensor -
Corsair Raptor LM3 (http://www.corsair.com/en-us/corsair-raptor-lm3-gaming-mouse) - optical sensor not specified -
MSI DS200 (http://us.msi.com/product/mm/Interceptor-DS200-GAMING-Mouse.html#hero-overview) - Laser -
EpicGear Zora (just to show what it is on a not well know brand) (http://www.epicgear.com/en/products/mice/zora) - old optical sensor -
Asus Rog sica (https://www.asus.com/ROG-Republic-Of-Gamers/ROG_Sica/) - optical sensor PMW3310 -
Asus Rog Gladius (https://www.asus.com/ROG-Republic-Of-Gamers/ROG_Gladius/)
Asus GX1000 (https://www.asus.com/ROG-Republic-Of-Gamers/GX1000_Eagle_Eye_Mouse/) - Laser -
Asus GX950 (https://www.asus.com/ROG-Republic-Of-Gamers/GX900/) - Laser -
Asus GX900 (https://www.asus.com/ROG-Republic-Of-Gamers/GX950/) - Laser -
Tt eSports Level 10 (http://www.ttesports.com/Mouse/134/Level_10_M_Hybrid/productPage.htm?a=a&g=ftr#.Vc-XAPl_NuA) - Laser -
Tt eSPORTS Ventus (http://www.ttesports.com/Mouse/149/VENTUS/productPage.htm?a=a&g=ftr#.Vc-bpfl_NuA) - Laser -
CM Storm Mizar (http://gaming.coolermaster.com/en/products/mice/mizar/) - Laser -
CM Storm Alcor (http://gaming.coolermaster.com/en/products/mice/alcor/) - old optical sensor -
Sentinel advance II (http://gaming.coolermaster.com/en/products/mice/sentineladvanceii/) - Laser -
Gigabyte Aivia (http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4607#ov) - Laser -
Gigabyte Mx8000 (http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3314#ov) - Laser -
Gigabyte M6580X (http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4878#ov) - Laser -
AIRE M93 ICE (http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4862#ov) - Laser -
FORCE M9 ICE (http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4189#ov) - Laser -
SHARKOON FireGlider (http://www.sharkoon.com/?q=en/content/fireglider-black) - optical version with 3305DK sensor -
EpicGear Morpha (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTWywSKEazA) - not released yet -
FinalMouse (http://finalmouse.com/)
A4tech Oscar X-748K (http://www.x7.cn/en/product.asp?id=40)
A4tech Bloody Headshot V7 (http://www.amazon.ca/Tech-Bloody-V7MA-Mouse-2-ways/dp/B00DH3ANP4/ref=sr_1_cc_5?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1439677379&sr=1-5-catcorr&keywords=bloody+7)
Asus Spatha (http://rog.asus.com/428462015/gaming-keyboards-gaming-mice/computex-2015-rog-spatha-wirelesswired-gaming-mouse/) - not released yet -

Mouse sensors list : http://www.esreality.com/wiki/Hardware:Mice_Sensors
http://www.overclock.net/t/854100/gaming-mouse-sensor-list

Muscat
08-15-2015, 05:28 PM
The short list is:
Logitech G303
Logitech G502
Logitech G402
Logitech G302
Asus Rog Gladius (not tested)
Asus Rog Sica (not tested) (no side buttons..eliminated?)
Sharkoon FireGlider optical (not tested)
EpicGear Morpha (not tested)
FinalMouse (not tested) (well know rebranded chinese mouse)
A4tech Oscar X-748K "Rev.2" (not tested)
A4tech Bloody Headshot V7 (not tested)

Intellimouse with a braided cable and if you can live with the low DPI you cannot change. Good to play games in low res for sure :D

Muscat
08-28-2015, 05:01 PM
Corsair just released a new mouse (another tank with many buttons this time :D)
http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Gaming-SCIMITAR-Mechanical-Buttons/dp/B013KK9JOO
No separated mouse clicks but the M65 was well built compared to the other brands. Waiting for some reviews... Don't look at the amazon reviews it is actually people pre-ordering the mouse and rating it 5/5 when they not even tried it.

What people really want to know is if the mouse has a microphone and built-in speaker so they can call their friends and parents. :D

Muscat
09-05-2015, 01:33 PM
Just to make an update after months of use.
I currently own : Logitech G502, Mionix naos 7000, Logitech G402, MS Intellimouse original from the '90 (my own clean/repair with now a braided cable and new footpad), MS Sculpt mobile, Logitech M500, Logitech MX620 (x2), Logitech LX 7, Logitech LX 3, Corsair M65 also The horrible Dell mouse with the Logitech electronic on board....

I don't think I found the perfect gaming mouse but I can switch when one don't do the trick.
I can say that even if the Logitech G502 seems to be the perfect gaming mouse I got many anoying problems with it but nothing that don't have some kind of temporary solution. The 2 side buttons are easily accidentally press-able. This is really anoying in game like GTA 5. Also the top left DPI change buttons can also be accidentally press. I switch to another mouse for that game in that case the M500 or MX620.
The Intellimouse works great in Moba games even if it is 400 DPI. Great confort and control but sweaty hand after a time. The Intellimouse is great on desktop and card games too with the appropriate acceleration. The clicks on the intellimouse feel always dam right. Not as fast as the G402 (the fastest of the lot) but just enough. The Intellimouse is near perfect for many things until the sweat start. Too bad I need to adjust ingame sensibility for many games because of the 400 DPI. :D
The Naos Mionix 7000 has its accidentally press button too. In that case the mouse wheel but no complain for the side buttons so far. I feel the mouse is a bit low on height each time I switch to that mouse. The dam left click release is a bit anoying (that can be just the one I got). The plastic surface of this mouse is fantastic. The mouse feel very nice to the touch and the shape too. It just need a bit of height to fit my hand . Also the mouse software comes with surface detection. Out of the box the mouse is set for hard surfaces like wood but can also fit soft surfaces using the detector.
I don't use the Corsair M65 mainly because of the large/edgy 'n' short shape other than that very great Laser mouse.
Because of the reborn of my Intellimouse I don't use the G402 much. I use the Sculpt mobile to play Minecraft on my $99 BestBuy 32GB Windows 10 tablet :D (Minecraft C++ version only on Windows 10 right now (Microsoft Studio remake).

Ninjahedge
09-13-2015, 07:40 PM
Button config?

How's the thumb?

Muscat
09-22-2015, 04:03 PM
Yes all those mice have a buttons configuration software so it is not a big problem if you hit a button by error you can disable it but it is faster to switch mouse. :D
But you cannot have multiple configurations on a MS Intellimouse except maybe with a custom made software I don't know the existence.
Every gamer need at least 2 mice if not 3. One for first person shooters, one for Moba games or MMo RPG/strategy games, one for desktop applications and games that don't require great response time but a great confort.
I use the Mionix naos 7000 for Moba/GTA 5 and desktop applications right now. Not the best for GTA 5 (keep searching) but do the job for desktop and the thumb buttons are very well placed. Great confort, the mouse lift easily. None of the mice in that thread is perfect for gaming. The Logitech mice are the best for desktop application (MX Master, M500, MX Performance, M705) . Logitech also have the best quality product even if it is not perfect for gaming. The button positions are great on the G700, G602 but those mice are not made to be lifted in game and your hand start to sweat very fast. The G502, G402 are made to be lifted and the buttons are durable and have very fast response but the side and top button can easily be accidentally hit. Depend on the hands you have. Maybe a young boy and many girls don't have this problem. The G303 is very small but very well made. The G600 has tons of buttons under your thumb you don't need most of the time but great mouse shape at least for my right hand.
If the price drop like hell for the Logitech mice maybe I'm gonna buy it all LOL. I think I'm gonna wait a bit before pro-claiming which is the best gaming mouse out there.

Muscat
09-22-2015, 04:16 PM
For the thumb confort I say Mionix Naos 7000, G602. The G502, G402 have a nice thumb support but when you grab the side to lift the mouse for example the G502 forward button has a very big chance to be pressed by error. The G402 button has less chance to be hit but that can happens too. Click buttons are the best on G502, G402, G303, Intellimouse and maybe the other mentionned mice in the 2 final list I made for 2015.
G502, G303 have the best sensor. Works flawless on any surfaces, fast response, etc

Muscat
10-17-2015, 10:14 AM
Steelseries released the Rival 100 (3 day ago) and renamed the old Rival, Rival 300.

The Rival 100 is a bit different than the old one. First : because the sensor is cheaper the price is low. $40 USD instead of $60 USD. The mouse is symetrical and that means maybe the shape fits better many hands.
The shape of the old Rival is near like the Intellimouse Explorer 3. This one is somewhere between the Intellimouse 1.1 and the IE 3. Steelseries update their main software very often. More often than any other brand.
Waiting for the internationnal distribution. For now it is available on the Steelseries website. https://steelseries.com/gaming-mice/rival-100
The click buttons are not separated from the shell like the Intellimouse and other great gaming mice so I am septical about the clicks response and feel but let's see....

Wes
10-17-2015, 04:51 PM
Man. There are just so many!!!

Muscat
12-07-2015, 03:30 PM
You can add another one. Maybe not for gaming but the design looks great. Only at Bestbuy Canada right now... weird...http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/platinum-series-platinum-series-wireless-laser-mouse-pt-pnm6506-bk-c-black-pt-pnm6506-bk-c/10387874.aspx?path=3aab46fe39ab31c6e7e07dfccda30d1 9en02

Muscat
04-27-2016, 09:34 AM
New Logitech mouse released ... The G900 199$ CAD ... I'm gonna test that one too
http://gaming.logitech.com/fr-ca/product/g900-chaos-spectrum-mouse

Muscat
09-04-2016, 06:10 PM
ok I never done the review of the G900 and the bestbuy mouse but owned it during the previous month. Platinum Series Wireless Laser Mouse (BestBuy) is well.... even if the shape is great anything else feel cheap and I returned the mouse very quick. I think the clicks were awful if I remember. Not a gaming mouse at all.
The G900 is in the other hand a very great mouse similar too the G502/G402 but everything positionned at the right place for that kind of mice. The 2 down points is: Why we don't have the grip of the G502 on it? Why it is so expansive? Sure I'm gonna buy it the day they drop the price to 100$ but for now it is dam expansive for what it is. Any mouse over 100$ is a no sens. Razer started that but I don't jump on that wagon.

Wes
09-04-2016, 11:23 PM
My priority changed on the mouse I want. Since i don't need the super precision for FPS gaming any more, I just want one that is wireless, light weight, battery last very long, and can work on most surface. The cheapy Logitech M510 ALMOST fit the bill, except it needs a mouse pad to work properly. Logitech Performance MX is a close 2nd. The form factor is very comfortable, but a bit heavier than the M510.

Ella M. Sharpe
11-02-2016, 10:38 AM
I'm looking for a new gaming mouse and I was wondering what one of you guys would recommend

Muscat
11-06-2016, 05:24 PM
Try to find the G900 at a good price. It is now 159,99 $ CAD in Canada. maybe much cheaper is the USA. It is possible to get it at 140$ USD even less at Ebay (at your own risk)

Ninjahedge
11-08-2016, 09:08 PM
The G500 has been fine for me, although you really do not need 3 thumb buttons...

Muscat
11-13-2016, 09:51 AM
I really need 3 thumbs button to play Battelfield and PlanetSide 2. This can also be very useful in Ark Survival of the Fittest.
The G900 is now 135.99$ at amazone https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01CEFEMFW/ref=dra_a_rv_ff_fx_xx_P2000_1000?tag=dradisplay-20&ascsubtag=2bf6845ad15778609878c4e72b12d484_S

Muscat
11-24-2016, 11:39 PM
The G900 is at $74.99 for black friday . Buy it now or cry..... :D http://www.bestbuy.com/site/logitech-g900-chaos-spectrum-optical-gaming-mouse-black/5204603.p?skuId=5204603

Sorry ...I think this was a kind of fake rebate. It was unavailable both online and in store during the sale and the day after the sale they started to pop up in the store and online. :/

Muscat
05-20-2017, 12:18 AM
I bought the G900 finally. Nice price in Canada right now. But I saw the new Logitech mice at the local Bestbuy at the same time... Dam.....
You have 2 other great mice out there. I ordered one I think can be great for me. The G403.. It is not a G402 upgrade but really a new mouse. Greatest sensor on earth you get also in the G900 and G502 and G303.
The G403 is a mouse for medium to large hands. 43 mm Height. Very nice shape.. Need to try assap! :D http://gaming.logitech.com/en-us/product/g403-prodigy-wired-gaming-mouse
Also they released the Logitech G pro which is a small mouse with the same sensor very popular in Asia and start to be very popular even for people with large hands in America. http://gaming.logitech.com/en-us/product/pro-gaming-mouse
The pro has the same shape of the G203 (G100 with 2 separated click button parts)

Muscat
05-24-2017, 05:01 PM
I received the G403 today..... Ready to compare...
The mouse shape feels almost like a M500.... Good thing for me :D
So far the major differences between this model and any other Logitech G mice is the shape, mouse wheel and thumb buttons. I'm gonna review laterz after some gaming to say if it is a good or bad thing.
The mouse wheel is very quiet and the steps damped by the rubber.
The thumb buttons are big and loud.
The shape is perfect for any purpose even better with the weight you can add.

Muscat
06-06-2017, 06:45 PM
Ok What is next?
I bought the G pro too. The G pro shape is like the old Logitech mice (before year 2k) made for Dell and other computer kit.
It is the same shape as the current G203 and G103. Different sensor and cable.
I really like the shape of the G pro. If your arm is parallel or a bit lower of the top of your desk it is great. The only thing I don't like is the sound of the left click which is loud compared to other mice and of course can be anoying for the people around. Not for you if you are using headphones. The click also feel cheaper than the G502,G900, G403. It has a rubber feel mouse wheel different from the 3 others. Each step is well defined but not as clicky as the G900 or G502. The G403 as the smoothest mouse wheel but this feel also a bit cheaper and less defined than the G900.

Talking about the G900 . It is now back to $99 at bestbuy Canada. Worth the money at this price. Since I got mine before (less than 30 days) I received the refund but I think it is out of stock now or it is a gimmick from Bestbuy. In my case I was able to get the mouse at this price.
The G900 is the best mechanic you can get now for a gaming mouse. I cannot say the shape is perfect. I cannot say the grip is perfect since the G502 has a way better grip at least when you start to play but after a time your hand start to stick to it and that do the job very well. The G900 has no problem with the clicks and side button placement.

Back to the G403. I removed the weight since that can lead to wrist pain. The shape really feel nearly as my MX620, M500 or other actual MX mice for desktop. I found that sometimes I hit the side button (previous button) by error. This button is definitely too big. I don't care for the forward button it is perfect like that but why the hell this one is so big? For the beauty of the design I am pretty sure but that kill the usability. Other than that for the moment I can say it is a great mouse too.

The most perfect gaming mouse shape so far is the G pro and G502. G502 has that forward (side button) you hit by error all the time. G403 has that previous button you hit by error sometime. So at the end you have the G pro which is the safe buy compared to other models. Also with the same shape the G203 which is perhaps the best mouse you can buy for that price if it is the same mechanic you have in the G pro except sensor and braided cable.

So in short ... Best gaming mouse mechanic ever.... G900 (best box case and customisation too)
Best safe gaming mouse that can fit everyone G203, G PRo.
Best FPS mouse if you don't use the forward side button G502. (the sniper button too since you have a big chance to press the left click at the same time by error) (2 useless buttons in fact you need to desactivate)
Best moba mouse and maybe for other type of specific games that need speed over precision.. G402 (with updated firmware) , G203, G Pro. That can be the G900 too.
Best mouse for mixed third person, first person like GTA 5 and a lot of menu (windows) and so on. G403.

I continue testing and maybe change my mind over time... :D

Wes
06-09-2017, 10:47 PM
I don't have access to that many mouses like you do. But among the few that I used, TWO of my LogiTech Performance MX started have the same problem at the same time. When I click and drag the mouse pointer, it just randomly let go the dragging action. At first I thought signal may be weak and it lost the signal. After moving them around and they still doing the same thing. So, both of them are now retired. The shape and texture are one of my most favorite too. What a shame.

My other low end simple mouse Logitech M510 is still working fine. And my current favorite is the Logitech MX Master. Battery life last a bit over a week. Not as good as my other mouses but I can use it on any surface and the shape is as good as the Performance MX.

Muscat
06-16-2017, 04:25 AM
Wes they gonna release very soon new gaming mice at logitech. The G903 and G703. Both use wireless charging solution. No more cables needed for charging at least it is what they say. The mouse need to be on a mat to charge. Here is some infos. http://www.gamersnexus.net/news-pc/2954-logitech-wireless-mouse-charging-g903-g703

G903 same shape as the G900
G703 same shape as the G403

http://gaming.logitech.com/en-us/product/g903-wireless-gaming-mouse
http://gaming.logitech.com/en-us/product/g703-wireless-gaming-mouse

HERE IS THE CHARGING SYSTEM : http://gaming.logitech.com/en-us/product/powerplay-wireless-charging

Wes
06-16-2017, 12:10 PM
Wow! $100 for a charger! I think I'll just plug it in. lol

Muscat
07-11-2017, 07:04 PM
I returned the G403 because of that new release. Anyway the price gonna drop big time since the G703 release.
Waiting for a reasonable price for the G703....
Currently I use only the G502 and G pro. The G900 is a nice decoration for the moment but I paid half price for it :D