Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with DL

HELP!

I have this strange problem with UT99 downloading from one site.

At home, I can go to any site I choose and if I don't have all the files, I get them real fast from the redirect as long as they are UZ compressed.

I have one site, "KillerWatt" (snipers) They have great sound/music tracks, that I don't have nay maps or files for and they come like they are DLing from the game servers files instead of the redirect. Another words, painfully SLOW. I am on Comcrap cable.

NOW, I go to this server from WORK, Verizon DSL, and the files scream to me in seconds!

Don't forget, any other server I go to from home the files come fast, just this one server, only from home, from work it is great.

Any ideas?
    Politicians and diapers have one thing in common. They should both be changed regularly and for the same reason

Could be the redirect server isn't available when you're at home (either it maybe is only on certain times of the day, does some sort of throttling, blocks residential IP address ranges).

Been awhile since I ran a server - I don't recall if there's a way to see what the redirect server setting is on a particular UT99 server.

Does the server/clan have a web site? Maybe all the files are bundled together for you to download and manually install.

Maybe you could e-mail the admin and either get the URL of the redirect or see if he has a .ZIP available.

Comment

Good idea. I will e-mail the admin because their music files are like HUGE.
      Politicians and diapers have one thing in common. They should both be changed regularly and for the same reason

Comment

wow i cant believe that people are still playing ut99, are there enuf to make it worth playing?

Comment

Isn't Kicker enough?

Comment

Originally posted by Ninjahedge View Post
            Isn't Kicker enough?
            Lol... Does Duke not follow Kicker anymore?

Comment

Sadly, no.

I had a contact with him through Steam recently. He seems to be doing fine, but you know how it gets when these codgers get beaten by these 40 year old whipper-snappers.....

Comment

Working...
              X