No announcement yet.

UT4 is coming read here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dam! Imagine with the Oculus Rift Wes. It is already know to be motion sickness.
    http://www.theguardian.com/technolog...irtual-reality

Comment

I wanted to get it when the first SDK came out. I'll be sure to get it when it is released.

Comment

Wes, like it was said, if your FOV is out, you might feel fish-eyed nauseous or otherwise. It all depends on how big your screen is and how far away you are (duh).

There is a comfy spot for everyone, but best when the screen is farther away!

Frag you later!

Comment

I'm using a Dell 27" 4K monitor, about 1 foot away. How do I change the FOV?

Comment

On the main page, in the top right corner is a gear with all the settings. Just installed.

Comment

Gave it a try last night. Have to say the mechanics and the feel are very much like the original... before the sequels turned to mush underneath all the eye candy. If they can do it right this time around, could be a good cause to revive UT. Brought a smile to my face pulling a few shock combos in quite some time hehe.
              Abandon All Hope

Comment

They changed the Biorifle and rocket launcher. Try the training map. you have a third firing mode.

Comment

Stumbled across my old sites and modded maps... had a link to here! So wicked to see you have the site up. Been a very long time.

Downloading UT right now thanks to you guys pointing it out!

Comment

umm. wow. my little iMac can't handle it and my magic mouse isn't a great UT mouse!

Comment

Yea, newer the game, the demand on the CPU/GPU is even more.

Comment

I think the game is not optimized and many scripts in map create lag and weird glitch. Many many bugs can popup ..it is an alpha version. Also the weapons are UT3 weapons added in the new engine and modded too look a bit different and do some new stuff. The classes are converted in C++ and some UT3 models and weapons anims are used for now.... It is playable but just the beginning of something. The sounds are UT3 sounds for the moment... etc...

Comment

Greetings all!!

Good to be back. I see some familiar faces, that's awesome! Just on a whim, for a bit of nostalgia, i decided to check to see if this place was still running, and it was, and much to my surprise, i discover UT4 is coming!!

Needless to say, I've registered myself with Epic games, and I'm downloading the pre-alpha game right now So exciting!!

I've played other FPS games, but always felt they lacked what UT had. I'm currently playing TitanFall, and it comes close, very close. But it's not UT. So Excited.....

Comment

Originally posted by Muscat View Post
                            I think the game is not optimized and many scripts in map create lag and weird glitch. Many many bugs can popup ..it is an alpha version. Also the weapons are UT3 weapons added in the new engine and modded too look a bit different and do some new stuff. The classes are converted in C++ and some UT3 models and weapons anims are used for now.... It is playable but just the beginning of something. The sounds are UT3 sounds for the moment... etc...
                            I've played it for about an hour last night, and oh my god, SO MUCH FUN! There are bugs, that i found. I didn't experience any lag though. Considering it's pre-alpha, it's pretty darn awesome!! There going to put in the personal teleporter right? they can't take that out!! I loved that.

Tell ya whats funny though. I've been playing titanfall since release. When i was playing UT last night, i kept trying to run on the walls!! LOL

Comment

I'm pretty sure the translocator is in the game, though its not on by default in DM or TDM games. That was the best thing about Zoobs World and other sites back in the day - DM w/ trans was so much fun!

Comment

TELEFRAG!

Now where's my HAMMAR??!?!

Comment

Working...
                                X