This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Forums Gone

Everything including the back up files are gone. Good reason to start new i guess...

Wow! That is a drastic measure! I hope everyone signs back up for their accounts!

Maybe this is a good time to hijack the username "Ninjahedge"

So, all those achived messages gone, eh? Man, so many things to recreate now
    Originally posted by Ranshackle
    I like Hasselhoff's ass better.

Comment

The problem was that the measure was not drastic enough. They got in again and wiped the entire server clean.

Since the server was behind a firewall, all ports are closed. Even they could inject some script on the server to run, they can't really use the server for anything. I guess they got pissed and just wiped the server.

Comment

Ouch, ouch, and more ouch!!! Man that royally sucks, the bastages! Sheesh, I go away on vacation and look what happens!

Sorry to hear the bad news Wes. I caught the earlier message you had posted about your business servers. Hopefully they weren't too hacked or brutalized. Don't know that there is anything I can do to help, but the offer is open. Good luck getting everything back up and running.
        "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Sorry to hear your hard work got trashed man

I am kinda limited in what I am capable of doing, but well....it never hurts to ask.

Is there anything I can do to help?

On a related note, a forum I help admin was recently victim to a complete wipe by someone who supposedly guessed the main admin's password!! How disappointing to have so much lost because someone needs to flex their e-peen.

Anyway, here's hoping you get your business servers back up and kicking.
          When you girls are done kissing, I've got some asskicking for you!

Comment

Wow - all those years together for us. Really sucks that people just don't care about others.

Sorry you had to go through that Wes.
            Wales, where the men are men and the sheep are nervous.
            Incoming fire has right of way

Comment

Welcome back Wes. I hope you can figure out exactly what happened and plug the hole. If you do, be sure to let the rest of us with assets exposed on the internet know about it.

Now...where were we?

National Sarcasm Society
              "Like we need your support."

Comment

Man that sucks. I wish there was a way to catch idiots like that.

Thanks for putting the forum back up Wes, I was starting to hallucinate.

Comment

flame flame flame!!!!!!
                  troll troll troll!!!!

.... ninja sux ;p

Comment

Wow, everything is back to stock, including the "quick reply"....

SUCKS that so much was lost! You have any old HD's that may have the stuff from a few years back?

I mean, it's not like we had much to say on here the past 2 years!

Comment

Oh, or maybe some way to get the cached pages off of Google?

http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache:...lnk&cd=2&gl=us

Comment

Wow, just wow..

Wes glad to see everything is coming back online. Do you know who did it? anyway to track them?

If I can help in any way just let me know.

Glad to see some of us are coming back as well and I can finally get rid of that "1" after my username on here.

Comment

so sad.......

Comment

dang it. i was hoping you'd ban a few people from ever coming back. oh well. hey ten, welcome back

Comment

im going to register the name duke, lol

Comment

Working...
                              X