Win7 Best Price

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win7 Best Price

I have used a student discount(wife is a student) to get Win7 pro for a rig, but am piecing together a new rig and looking for a discount for Win7. Wanna keep it legal but looking for something better than the $90 if it is available. Anyone know of a deal to get Win7 for less than $90?

I'll pay the $90 if that's the best I can get - it's a great OS and worth it, just checking before I drop the cash.
    When you girls are done kissing, I've got some asskicking for you!

Upgrade Family pack is the only thing that will beat it but thats cause your buying in bulk.

Comment

You really can't beat student pricing - that's about as low as it gets.... Microsoft looks out for students; you get students hooked, they tend to use your OS as adults as well. Same concept Apple takes, giving boatloads of free systems to schools in order to get kids hooked on MacOS early.
      Originally posted by Ranshackle
      I like Hasselhoff's ass better.

Comment

Yeah, it is a great deal. I thought that it said only one per student though. Anyone heard differently?

Comment

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16832116775

Forty two bucks an OS,
          I believe there still is a way to do a fresh install too. OH and I think it does 32 or 64bit installs.

Comment

Win7 keys are applicable for 32- and 64-bit.

Comment

Any problems still around for 64? I remember some compatibility issues not too long ago....

Comment

None. Flawless. It's the best way to go, malware still hasn't caught up. I run IE in 64-bit mode, and my OS in 64-bit mode. No Flash right now for 64-bit browsers, but that removes about 1/3 of my possibilities to get drive-by infected.

Comment

Only issue I found with 64bit was having to look a little harder for a Dell printer driver...but it was there.

Win7 64 pro version I am using is straight up the best Windows OS I have used.

Comment

I didn't have to install any drivers for my Ultimate or Professional W7 64-bit install.

It picked up everything.

I'm terribly happy with the OS, first time I've ever bought a copy of Windows (after reusing the RC for a while and borrowing a few OEM licenses )

Comment

I found that the "Adblock Plus" firefox plugin blocks the flash advertisments that were a problem for me. Not only that, it works wonders for youtube advertisements. A necessity.

Comment

Working...
                      X