Replacement laptop screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement laptop screen

Anyone know of a reliable place to order Acer laptop replacement screens?

I buy all that crap on eBay, seriously. Usually less than $40 shipped in good shape. There are a myriad of sellers out there.
    Where's my redeemer? INCOMING! I'M HIT! I'MA COMIN' BACK!
    Originally posted by Ranshackle
    I like Hasselhoff's ass better.

Comment

+1

Ebay worked well. The top 2 google results looked the same but had different addresses, and different prices, raising red flags for me. Ebay was also $22 cheaper ($61).

Comment

There are literally only a couple of manuf'ers who make the screens in laptops, so ... There aren't a lot of options or models of screens and several models are interchangeable. It's been my experience that any time a laptop screen is fuqd, it's one of three things: Backlight is shot, inverter is shot, or screen is shot. Cracking a screen is about the only thing that will kill it. Inverters cost less than ten bucks to replace. Backlights are more difficult to replace (IMO) and it's usually more effective to replace the entire screen.

There are ways to determine whether the backlight or inverter are busted (should the screen not be cracked). I always have to go look it up each time, but ... in short, from memory, I think the general story is that if you boot up the laptop and the screen is pinkish-hued it's the inverter that's bad, and if there is no picture at all, but a flashlight held at an angle to the screen shows an hints of an outline of the display as it should be, the backlight is bad. This is from memory - so that may be backwards (I forget).

Anyway.... whatever you choose, good luck.
        Where's my redeemer? INCOMING! I'M HIT! I'MA COMIN' BACK!
        Originally posted by Ranshackle
        I like Hasselhoff's ass better.

Comment

Working...
        X