No announcement yet.

Time to buy a new gaming mouse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just to make an update after months of use.
    I currently own : Logitech G502, Mionix naos 7000, Logitech G402, MS Intellimouse original from the '90 (my own clean/repair with now a braided cable and new footpad), MS Sculpt mobile, Logitech M500, Logitech MX620 (x2), Logitech LX 7, Logitech LX 3, Corsair M65 also The horrible Dell mouse with the Logitech electronic on board....

I don't think I found the perfect gaming mouse but I can switch when one don't do the trick.
    I can say that even if the Logitech G502 seems to be the perfect gaming mouse I got many anoying problems with it but nothing that don't have some kind of temporary solution. The 2 side buttons are easily accidentally press-able. This is really anoying in game like GTA 5. Also the top left DPI change buttons can also be accidentally press. I switch to another mouse for that game in that case the M500 or MX620.
    The Intellimouse works great in Moba games even if it is 400 DPI. Great confort and control but sweaty hand after a time. The Intellimouse is great on desktop and card games too with the appropriate acceleration. The clicks on the intellimouse feel always dam right. Not as fast as the G402 (the fastest of the lot) but just enough. The Intellimouse is near perfect for many things until the sweat start. Too bad I need to adjust ingame sensibility for many games because of the 400 DPI.
    The Naos Mionix 7000 has its accidentally press button too. In that case the mouse wheel but no complain for the side buttons so far. I feel the mouse is a bit low on height each time I switch to that mouse. The dam left click release is a bit anoying (that can be just the one I got). The plastic surface of this mouse is fantastic. The mouse feel very nice to the touch and the shape too. It just need a bit of height to fit my hand . Also the mouse software comes with surface detection. Out of the box the mouse is set for hard surfaces like wood but can also fit soft surfaces using the detector.
    I don't use the Corsair M65 mainly because of the large/edgy 'n' short shape other than that very great Laser mouse.
    Because of the reborn of my Intellimouse I don't use the G402 much. I use the Sculpt mobile to play Minecraft on my $99 BestBuy 32GB Windows 10 tablet (Minecraft C++ version only on Windows 10 right now (Microsoft Studio remake).

Comment

Button config?

How's the thumb?

Comment

Yes all those mice have a buttons configuration software so it is not a big problem if you hit a button by error you can disable it but it is faster to switch mouse.
        But you cannot have multiple configurations on a MS Intellimouse except maybe with a custom made software I don't know the existence.
        Every gamer need at least 2 mice if not 3. One for first person shooters, one for Moba games or MMo RPG/strategy games, one for desktop applications and games that don't require great response time but a great confort.
        I use the Mionix naos 7000 for Moba/GTA 5 and desktop applications right now. Not the best for GTA 5 (keep searching) but do the job for desktop and the thumb buttons are very well placed. Great confort, the mouse lift easily. None of the mice in that thread is perfect for gaming. The Logitech mice are the best for desktop application (MX Master, M500, MX Performance, M705) . Logitech also have the best quality product even if it is not perfect for gaming. The button positions are great on the G700, G602 but those mice are not made to be lifted in game and your hand start to sweat very fast. The G502, G402 are made to be lifted and the buttons are durable and have very fast response but the side and top button can easily be accidentally hit. Depend on the hands you have. Maybe a young boy and many girls don't have this problem. The G303 is very small but very well made. The G600 has tons of buttons under your thumb you don't need most of the time but great mouse shape at least for my right hand.
        If the price drop like hell for the Logitech mice maybe I'm gonna buy it all LOL. I think I'm gonna wait a bit before pro-claiming which is the best gaming mouse out there.
        Last edited by Muscat; 09-22-2015, 04:28 PM.

Comment

For the thumb confort I say Mionix Naos 7000, G602. The G502, G402 have a nice thumb support but when you grab the side to lift the mouse for example the G502 forward button has a very big chance to be pressed by error. The G402 button has less chance to be hit but that can happens too. Click buttons are the best on G502, G402, G303, Intellimouse and maybe the other mentionned mice in the 2 final list I made for 2015.
          G502, G303 have the best sensor. Works flawless on any surfaces, fast response, etc
          Last edited by Muscat; 09-22-2015, 04:34 PM.

Comment

Steelseries released the Rival 100 (3 day ago) and renamed the old Rival, Rival 300.

The Rival 100 is a bit different than the old one. First : because the sensor is cheaper the price is low. $40 USD instead of $60 USD. The mouse is symetrical and that means maybe the shape fits better many hands.
            The shape of the old Rival is near like the Intellimouse Explorer 3. This one is somewhere between the Intellimouse 1.1 and the IE 3. Steelseries update their main software very often. More often than any other brand.
            Waiting for the internationnal distribution. For now it is available on the Steelseries website. https://steelseries.com/gaming-mice/rival-100
            The click buttons are not separated from the shell like the Intellimouse and other great gaming mice so I am septical about the clicks response and feel but let's see....

Comment

Man. There are just so many!!!

Comment

You can add another one. Maybe not for gaming but the design looks great. Only at Bestbuy Canada right now... weird...http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/...fccda30d19en02

Comment

New Logitech mouse released ... The G900 199$ CAD ... I'm gonna test that one too
                  http://gaming.logitech.com/fr-ca/pro...spectrum-mouse

Comment

ok I never done the review of the G900 and the bestbuy mouse but owned it during the previous month. Platinum Series Wireless Laser Mouse (BestBuy) is well.... even if the shape is great anything else feel cheap and I returned the mouse very quick. I think the clicks were awful if I remember. Not a gaming mouse at all.
                    The G900 is in the other hand a very great mouse similar too the G502/G402 but everything positionned at the right place for that kind of mice. The 2 down points is: Why we don't have the grip of the G502 on it? Why it is so expansive? Sure I'm gonna buy it the day they drop the price to 100$ but for now it is dam expansive for what it is. Any mouse over 100$ is a no sens. Razer started that but I don't jump on that wagon.

Comment

My priority changed on the mouse I want. Since i don't need the super precision for FPS gaming any more, I just want one that is wireless, light weight, battery last very long, and can work on most surface. The cheapy Logitech M510 ALMOST fit the bill, except it needs a mouse pad to work properly. Logitech Performance MX is a close 2nd. The form factor is very comfortable, but a bit heavier than the M510.

Comment

I'm looking for a new gaming mouse and I was wondering what one of you guys would recommend
                        See more than 1000 games reviews on my source. If u like my blog - follow it!

Comment

Try to find the G900 at a good price. It is now 159,99 $ CAD in Canada. maybe much cheaper is the USA. It is possible to get it at 140$ USD even less at Ebay (at your own risk)
                          Last edited by Muscat; 11-06-2016, 05:34 PM.

Comment

The G500 has been fine for me, although you really do not need 3 thumb buttons...

Comment

I really need 3 thumbs button to play Battelfield and PlanetSide 2. This can also be very useful in Ark Survival of the Fittest.
                              The G900 is now 135.99$ at amazone https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01CEFEMFW...c4e72b12d484_S

Comment

The G900 is at $74.99 for black friday . Buy it now or cry..... http://www.bestbuy.com/site/logitech...?skuId=5204603

Sorry ...I think this was a kind of fake rebate. It was unavailable both online and in store during the sale and the day after the sale they started to pop up in the store and online. :/
                                Last edited by Muscat; 12-02-2016, 12:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X