X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, ST-501 is nice!

Very easy songs... I have to try!

Comment

Here is something very simple that some people don't understand -transposing.

Say a song goes GCD but your voice just can't sing to it (it's not in your vocal range).
      Transpose it up to ADE or down to EAB-it's the same thing just in a different key.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7p3s-120G8

Comment

Hmmmm, I like the chord progression on "Hey Joe"... It seems to help when you play a tune you ae familiar with AND it sounds right when you are doing it!!

I will have to check the other ones out later.

Thanks guys!

Comment

I really like the progression on that green day tune on "easy Songs 2", and that Christine Agulerra tune is fun to play.

The Neil Young tune is a little weird, but fun.

Thanks SO MUCH for the links guys. I still suck, but I am having fun being lousy (for now)!!!

Comment

OK, I have loaded a few more, but sometimes the tabs do not seem to make much sense....

One example is "Tell her This" that shows a 6 . chord progression in the intro, when I have only heard 3 (to my ear). Also, unusual chords like "E/G#"? (4-2-2-1-0-0) are difficult to stretch to get....

Some others I have been trying (some from the "Easy" vids)

Green Day - Time of Your Life
            U2 - One
            Christine Agulerra - Hit me baby
            Neil Young - Heart of Gold
            Eagles - Hotel Cali
            Kings of Leon - Sex on Fire (I can't seem to get it sounding right after the simple intro)
            Gomez - Rhythm and Blues Alibi
            - Get Myself Arrested
            Del Amitri - Driving with the Brakes On (pretty simple).
            - Roll to Me.

I am looking for a few others if anyone can suggest/provide a good tab sheet (I tried the links, some are better than others, if someone has a better set, please let me know).

John Mayer seems to have a few catchy tunes for acoustic, and I love the acoustic Incubus tunes.

Any others that I could print out to practice chord progression (I have got the basics, and am trying to get from things like G to F, etc...).

Again, THANKS GUYS!!!!

Comment

Sometimes the combo chords ("E/G#") use the thumb to finger the sixth string note.

FWIW, I am taking a break from guitar. My motivation was flagging so I'm setting it aside for awhile.

Comment

Originally posted by 5150 View Post
                Here is something very simple that some people don't understand -transposing.

Say a song goes GCD but your voice just can't sing to it (it's not in your vocal range).
                Transpose it up to ADE or down to EAB-it's the same thing just in a different key.
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7p3s-120G8

http://www.ronimusic.com/amsldowin.htm

Change the pitch, slow it down so you can hear, also save the mp3 with the pitch change.

Comment

Originally posted by Ninjahedge View Post
                  OK, I have loaded a few more, but sometimes the tabs do not seem to make much sense....

One example is "Tell her This" that shows a 6 . chord progression in the intro, when I have only heard 3 (to my ear). Also, unusual chords like "E/G#"? (4-2-2-1-0-0) are difficult to stretch to get....

Again, THANKS GUYS!!!!

This is why you need to take lessons.
                  Find someone who will do a lesson plan then do a Q/A with the time left. If they dont do a Q/A they are not worth the money.

Comment

Ash man, I did take lessons, when they were half price and I had a job!!!

Now that I have one again, I may do one or two more....but, my wife just got laid off. Hows that for timing, eh? At least I found something before she got the word and we had to move in with parents and eat boiled leather boots or something...

Comment

Originally posted by Ninjahedge View Post
                      Ash man, I did take lessons, when they were half price and I had a job!!!

Now that I have one again, I may do one or two more....but, my wife just got laid off. Hows that for timing, eh? At least I found something before she got the word and we had to move in with parents and eat boiled leather boots or something...
                      damn!!!
                      maybe she can play L4D2 in the afternoons while your at work. ;-) jk

Comment

You so funny!!!!!

I tried to get her on the FPS kick a while back, but she says she gets motion sick while playing (Gears of War split screen I believe...).

Weird thing is, it seems like all the top-down hack-and-slash games are coming out for the PC or for the Networked Console nowadays... Nothing "Gauntlet Style" for us to play and enjoy anymore....

(BTW, She DID like and play Dynasty Warriors, I can't figure out how she did not get sick playing that, but did with the others....)

Comment

Originally posted by Saboteur View Post
                          Sometimes the combo chords ("E/G#") use the thumb to finger the sixth string note.

FWIW, I am taking a break from guitar. My motivation was flagging so I'm setting it aside for awhile.
                          So the answer I got for the E/G#,
                          its an E chord with the low string(E) changed to G#. He used his pinky on the G#.

Comment

Ash, I tried that, it ain't easy w/o "special" braces/help. Try bending your ring and pinky fingers. Now see how far you can split them to get the right frets all the way up the neck like that!

I think trying the Thumb might be the only way I will get this chord w/o substantial breaking of my hand.......

Comment

I honestly didn't even try it out.

ChordFind also suggests this variation:

Code:
                                 1   2   3    4   5   6   7
                              1 --------------B-------------
                              2---------------B---X---------
                              3---------------B-------------
                              4---------------B-------X-----
                              5---------------B-----------X-
                              6---------------B-------------
                              I can't say that looks any easier...

Comment

(4-2-2-1-0-0) I saw him play this.........cant help it he makes it look so easy.

BTW for extra income he proof reads music books for publishers.

Comment

Working...
                                X