MKV's with subtitles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MKV's with subtitles

I use pytivo along with Tivo and does great but doesnt do soft subtitles. So I would have to transcode the MKV to mpg and hardcode the subs and that took time.

Not anymore,
    Using my PS3 and PS3 media server it will stream with no problems so far.

http://ps3mediaserver.blogspot.com/

nice find!

now if i only had a ps3....

btw, how is the streaming quality?

Comment

Well I'm currently streaming a 720p Soul Eater ep using wireless 802.11b and it looks real good. Its only as good as your network, CPU and memory.

Comment

damn, im jealous.

the wii only does stupid flash conversion

Comment

wow! Just tried it. Easy install and up and running in 2 seconds. It even does .img files! Xcoding is super fast and no waiting or pauses. Good stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by Wes View Post
            wow! Just tried it. Easy install and up and running in 2 seconds. It even does .img files! Xcoding is super fast and no waiting or pauses. Good stuff!
            wes is this better than TVersity?

Comment

I don't think TVersity can do .img file or subtitles, but I haven't check their latest version. Can it?

Comment

not via TVersity but it installs FFdshow or wtf ever its called. you have to enable subs there. not it doesn't do IMG files. so do you like it over TVersity? i've been having issues with TVersity on my new laptop vs my 15 yr old computer that runs and streams fine.

Comment

also does this support all that Tversity does? avi files, mostly all of the codecs such as xvid, divx? does it play vob, jpg, mp3 blah blah blah? i can't find a release notes on the app.

Comment

Hey Wes look into the transcode folder, select your video, you can select what you want ,what audio stream or turn subtitles on/off and you can copy to the PS3's hard drive.

Comment

Originally posted by c3po View Post
                      not via TVersity but it installs FFdshow or wtf ever its called. you have to enable subs there. not it doesn't do IMG files. so do you like it over TVersity? i've been having issues with TVersity on my new laptop vs my 15 yr old computer that runs and streams fine.
                      Like you said, you have to do this, do that, to get something work. That's already a big turn off. This PS3 Media Server just install and run, and it works on every format that I've tried. No need to bother with TVersity. Oh, another thing, when I used TVersity, transcoding was slow. With this one, I fast forward, skip, jump, no waiting at all. It simply just work.

Originally posted by Ash View Post
                      Hey Wes look into the transcode folder, select your video, you can select what you want ,what audio stream or turn subtitles on/off and you can copy to the PS3's hard drive.
                      Yea, saw that. Very nice! I have no need to copy to PS3 HD though. For those that I watch it via PS3 are those that I have no intention to keep. Once I finish watching, I'll delete it. For those that I want to keep, I burn them onto DVDs.

Comment

I dont really either but I like options.
                        Wes are you wired or wireless? My fast forward is a little slow. Could be my server computer also.

Comment

My PS3 is on the same gigabit switch with my computer. The best bandwidth it can get.

Comment

ok so i tried it last night. works great. however there is this one ghost whisperer show that was played last friday i dl'd and the damn thing won't work. On Tversity or on PS3 Media.
                            Last edited by c3po; 03-17-2009, 10:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by c3po View Post
                              ok so i tried it last night. works great. however there is this one ghost whisperer show that was played last friday i dl'd and the damn thing won't work. On Tversity or on PS3 Media.
                              Give some details,
                              MkV, avi mpg2 , divx?

I would like to say that your computer is refusing because its the Ghost wisperer.

Comment

Working...
                              X