Cat tranqs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cat tranqs.

Question, are there any OTC cat tranquilizers out there?

Our cat is freaking and pooping on herself now that we got the other a haircut. We just want her to relax a bit and chill.

Aside from getting her a joint, is there anything we can get w/o having to do the vet route?

Yes! They have a bunch of homeopathic cures for anxiety in animals. I've taken the rescue remedy myself and it works great! They sell it at the vitamin stores like vitamin world.
    http://www.holisticanimalmedicines.c...ilments_id=199
    That link above has other holistic animal remedies that might be more suitable for what your cat has though....

If you buy the human rescue remedy, make sure you don't buy the kind with Xylitol in it. It is toxic to pets:
    http://www.rescueremedy.com/pdf/Resc...-Pastilles.pdf
    Other human forms have alcohol in them as well, but not enough to be bad for pets. However, pets tend to avoid alcohol, so you may have a tough time getting her to try it. I think you can get the animal kind at places like Agway, if there are any of those near you.
    Last edited by lilith; 03-20-2009, 01:54 PM.
    Ha-Ha! Made Ya Read!

Comment

Originally posted by lilith View Post
      .......However, pets tend to avoid alcohol, so you may have a tough time getting her to try it........

yeah right! my boxers are winos and they love beer.

Comment

okay... SOME pets hate alcohol... other's love it!
        rescue remedy seems to be cheaper here than the previous link I posted. About half the price!
        http://www.rescueremedy.com/pets/
        I also saw in that article I posted that you can get it at at Whole Food stores. I'm guessing PetSmart and Petco will have it too!
        Ha-Ha! Made Ya Read!

Comment

oh cmon!

no one is gonna call Ninja out on this? He wants cat tranqs cause one of his pussies got a bad hairdo?

I think we all know whats going on here

Comment

I wish I were being silly DA.

I will take a picture and show you if you want. Be warned, it is really REALLY silly!

Comment

Ketamine
              Where's my redeemer? INCOMING! I'M HIT! I'MA COMIN' BACK!
              Originally posted by Ranshackle
              I like Hasselhoff's ass better.

Comment

why, you got some?!
                Where's my redeemer? INCOMING! I'M HIT! I'MA COMIN' BACK!
                Originally posted by Ranshackle
                I like Hasselhoff's ass better.

Comment

Originally posted by shifty View Post
                  why, you got some?!
                  this is going to the dark alley.... and not the forum!

Comment

Some people recommend Feliway, which is supposed to use pheromones to provide a comforting atmosphere for cats.

I've tried it in the past, but never really had any "proveable" success with it. It's a little pricey, so I eventually stopped trying, but other people swear by it.

Comment

Well, she is fine now, but it takes a few days for her to adjust.

In the meantime, she pooped on herself and hid IN the litterbox..... (better there than under the couch, but she still pooped herself when we fished her out from under the couch).

Good to know for future ref, we are not looking to zonk her out, but just something to make her less panicky when we do this twice a year and she does not recognise her roomate!!!!

BTW, she never freaked out this much about the kid.....?

Comment

Glad she's okay. If you need it in the future, I just noticed that they had Rescue Remedy at my local grocery store (Hannafords). It was near the vitamins. Just remember:
                        If you buy the human rescue remedy, make sure you don't buy the kind with Xylitol in it. It is toxic to pets:
                        http://www.rescueremedy.com/pdf/Resc...-Pastilles.pdf
                        Ha-Ha! Made Ya Read!

Comment

Working...
                        X