HTC Droid Incredible vs. Nexus One

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HTC Droid Incredible vs. Nexus One

Ok... I had been holding out for a long time until the Nexus One from Google had come out, but it never did. Now that my old phone is cracked and half working and time for my 2 year upgrade I had decided on the HTC Droid Incredible, but just as I was about to take the plunge my wife says to me... look at this, the Nexus One is now available. I was like wtf?!?! I had got myself hyped up on the Incredible.

So I started to do some quick comparisons and noticed the Incredible actually has an 8 megapixel camera vs the Nexus 5 megapixel. They both have a 1ghz processor and same display size. For the most part to my quick look at the 2 the Incredible is in comparison better than the Nexus.

Does anyone know or have used either to give me some tid bits about the spec.s that I can't totally understand which is ultimately the better phone. My definition of a better phone is it must be quick much like the IPhone and of course lots of cool app.s to play with. One of the girls at work has the predecessor to the Incredible the Erris and she can't seem to put it down and loves the thing. She showed me a lot of cool stuff it has which almost seems suitable as is but the Incredible of course is the upgraded version so... Basically I'm looking for someone to tell me that the Nexus One isn't all that and for now the Incredible is ... incredible.

Read, my friend:

http://www.slashgear.com/droid-incre...droid-1882073/

http://gizmodo.com/5558263/iphone-4-...usterfrakfight

http://www.androidcentral.com/droid-...g-vs-nexus-one

The basic difference is going to be HTC's "Sense UI" interface, which has integrated Facebook and Twitter through the Friend Stream app. If this is the type of stuff you can't live without, go with HTC. However any android phone is going to have tons of apps available for customization of the phone.

The first article also claims the touch screen on the Incredible is better. I know that the same capacitive touch screen is used on my EVO, and it rocks.

OK, in the third article's comparison chart, you can easily see (once you stop drooling over the EVO which you can't have unless you switch to Sprint ) that the Incredible is a much better phone than the Nexus One. The Nexus is a bigger phone, and doesn't have Flash at all, until Android 2.2 comes out, when I believe Flash support will be built into the OS. The camera on the Incredible has more MP, but I think the cheap lenses they put on cell phone cameras render the difference between 5MP and 8MP kinda worthless.
    Last edited by Dr. Death; 07-04-2010, 03:39 PM.
    National Sarcasm Society
    "Like we need your support."

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Death View Post
      Read, my friend:

http://www.slashgear.com/droid-incre...droid-1882073/

http://gizmodo.com/5558263/iphone-4-...usterfrakfight

http://www.androidcentral.com/droid-...g-vs-nexus-one

The basic difference is going to be HTC's "Sense UI" interface, which has integrated Facebook and Twitter through the Friend Stream app. If this is the type of stuff you can't live without, go with HTC. However any android phone is going to have tons of apps available for customization of the phone.

The first article also claims the touch screen on the Incredible is better. I know that the same capacitive touch screen is used on my EVO, and it rocks.

OK, in the third article's comparison chart, you can easily see (once you stop drooling over the EVO which you can't have unless you switch to Sprint ) that the Incredible is a much better phone than the Nexus One. The Nexus is a bigger phone, and doesn't have Flash at all, until Android 2.2 comes out, when I believe Flash support will be built into the OS. The camera on the Incredible has more MP, but I think the cheap lenses they put on cell phone cameras render the difference between 5MP and 8MP kinda worthless.

hehe.. Yeah I got to stick with Verizon for my Comcast 21% discount on everything.

Sounds to me that the Incredible is going to be the better choice which surprises me after all the hype of the Nexus One back in the day... way back in the day. Like I was saying about the girl at work who just has the Erris version of the phone it was very smooth and had lots of cool stuff. Not to mention there is a wait for the Nexus and they just released the Incredible through Verizon a couple weeks ago AND they have a buy 1 get 1 free which my wife wants one too. She always wants what I want even though she has no idea what to do with it.

Thanks for the links. I think that clears up what I was trying to find out and a pro's opinion means a lot too. :P

Comment

I'm no pro; this is my first smartphone. Before that I was like the kid in the Verizon commercial, "I make calls, that's it."

But now phones are evolving into computers and the screens are big enough to be useful (read: I can see them.) Plus we're developing mobile web sites so test platforms are needed.

They sure are time-wasters too!
        National Sarcasm Society
        "Like we need your support."

Comment

I've had the Incredible for about a week. Pretty good so far. Had an issue with the screen auto-rotation in the beginning but did a factory reset which cleared it up.

Jury's out on the battery, some days with normal usage I have plenty to spare at the end of the day. Other days with minimal usage it's pretty low by afternoon. I have various apps to check what's running and never found anything obvious.

Besides that, it's fast, responsive. Browsing on it at home on wi-fi the browser is very speedy, makes the internet feel like a local app. Android 2.2 coming soon has some major improvements with the browser as well. A OTA upgrade is rumored to be coming next week to upgrade the video recording to 720P. It has the same video hardware as the EVO so I'm surprised it wasn't 720P out of the box.

Comment

EVO rules them all, so far

Comment

Too bad Sprint sux around here. That was one of the first stores I went shopping for a smart-phone and they didn't get reception in the store so I took that as a sign. Plus of course the wondrous discount from Comcast at Verizon .

Comment

Originally posted by Cerwin_Vega View Post
                hehe.. Yeah I got to stick with Verizon for my Comcast 21% discount on everything.
                Comcast gives you a discount if you have Verizon?!?!?
                I have a verizon cell phone and comcast for my internet, tv and phone. No one ever mentioned a discount for that!!!

How do I find out more?
                Ha-Ha! Made Ya Read!

Comment

maybe he means if you are employed at comcast, you get a company discount.

Comment

Working...
                  X