80's cartoons...like Thundercats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 80's cartoons...like Thundercats

So anyway, it's a slow day at work and I started thinking about some old 80's cartoons that were memorable.

Every now and then I think back and using my vast knowledge of anime art style that I have acquired from being a freekin GEEK, I would start to think, "hey... there is no way these shows couldnt have been anime!"

Shows like:
    Thundercats
    TigerSharks
    SilverHawks
    BionicSix

And wouldnt you know it? I was right on the money
    (I left out Transformers since that was obvious)

All of those shows were produced in America, but essentially anime, which japanese artists and/or directors.

Now you know what I have been doing for the past hour. Researching wiki links lol

However, guess what I just found out?

THUNDERCATS IS BEING REMADE!!!
    No, not that movie that was leaked out a few years back.

But a brand new series!
    "Japan's Studio 4C has in production a new ThunderCats series scheduled for release in 2011 by Cartoon Network.[16] The show has been hinted at explaining Lion-O's climb to the throne with a more original anime feel and darker style. A sneak peak at the upcoming series as well as some original artwork."

I'm geeking out over this lol

That would be nice provided they do a few things:

1. Don't OVER japanify the series. I forget which one, but something else was recently converted to Anime (He Man?). The characters do not seem to fit right anymore.

2. GET A DECENT PLOT!!!! OMG!!!!!!!

3. Find a better voice actress for Chetarra!

That's about it. I think they will kick arse at depicting Feline/humans and Mum-Ra....

Are there any others that would stad a good update?

G-Force anyone?

ROBOTECH!!!!!

Comment

PS

Snarf.

Comment

Robotech is constantly being updated (kind of like Gundam)
        BTW, call it Macross like it's supposed to be called!

G-force...i think they made an appearance in a recent fighting game. They got a nice overhaul

and crap...forgot about Snarf.

BTW, for the 80's and an american/anime merged cartoon at the time, it had a good story. It even progressed to Lion-o having to officially complete a test to be the leader to them finding new survivors of their planet to finally beating mumra.

Comment

Voltron!
          For all the reasons to smile, 'for the hell of it' has always been my favorite.

Comment

Originally posted by ]LoL[Harm View Post
            Voltron!
            again, obvious anime.
            Speed Racer is the same ;p

Comment

Originally posted by dragonash View Post
              Speed Racer is the same ;p

Eh?

Wha?

OH!

Comment

another useless fact.

youtube randomly throws up videos i might be interested in and it showed the old cartoon "The Real Ghostbusters"

eh, what the hell. Lets watch it. I thought the introduction to the show was higher quality than most. Also, some things kinda reminded me of Lupin III.

check out the credits
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpASBHfpHeY&NR=1

bunch of random names until...bam! A bunch of japanese story board artists, unit directors, color styling, camera directors, key animators etc etc lol
                Last edited by dragonash; 03-25-2011, 01:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X