X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ninjahedge
    replied
    Me no have new job yet.

Old job is letting me stay on because I said we would be both out of work (which was true at the time... wife found something though).

I am not going to tell them that. Finding a new job is always easier when you HAVE one.

Unfortunately, engineers take FOREVER to get back to you. I have not heard from ANYONE, and I have applied to about 12 places so far in the past month.

Leave a comment:

• dragonash
    replied
    edit again:

oh, so you dont have a new job yet?
    Just enjoy the vacation! lol
    Last edited by dragonash; 08-02-2012, 10:47 AM.

Leave a comment:

• tensux
    replied
    oh, i would have thought more like i hit it out of the park with that one, thought myself so clever

Leave a comment:

• Ninjahedge
    replied
    You set yourself up for an easy slam.

Leave a comment:

• tensux
    replied
    im not familiar with the phrase

Leave a comment:

• Ninjahedge
    replied
    Ball is in the air on that one......

Leave a comment:

• tensux
    replied
    i dont get it?

Leave a comment:

• Ninjahedge
    replied
    Originally posted by tensux View Post
    "come across"

Leave a comment:

• tensux
    replied
    "bumped in to"
    "come across"

Leave a comment:

• Ninjahedge
    replied
    "met"?

Leave a comment:

• tensux
    replied
    Originally posted by Ninjahedge View Post
    Yep.

And nope.

I am getting good at selling myself, not delivering once sold.

More like a politician.
    i have met plenty of whores with the same problem

Leave a comment:

• Ninjahedge
    replied
    Yep.

And nope.

I am getting good at selling myself, not delivering once sold.

More like a politician.

Leave a comment:

• shifty
    replied
    Originally posted by Ninjahedge View Post
    I am getting better at selling myself
    Ugh. Such a whore!

Leave a comment:

• Ninjahedge
    replied
    Thanks.

I am getting better at selling myself, but I still do not have any real clue on how to play the rest. the hard part is that no two offers come in at the same time. If I was able to get my "dream job" interview right off the bat, then I would find it easier to say yes/no. But just like waiting for a sale, sometimes waiting for that perfect offer just makes you pass up the good stuff.

Now I just gotta get the woman to stop bashing my pathetic ego and stay away from the gaming for a few days to get these resumes out....

Leave a comment:

• tensux
    replied
    i would not be afraid of accepting then rescinding your acceptance. the truth often is if you turn down an offer outright, it can offend the sensitive anyway, i have had it happen to me. i had two job offers, both fighting over me with money. The place i turned down very disappointed. they never got over it when they were looking in the future. i may have been better off taking the job then leaving making them feel like it was their fault.

a lot depends on personalities and you never know people will react. i tried to get a job for friend of mine here. He told the owner he would get back to him in two weeks. I was floored. The guy i work for was insulted. right or wrong he lost a great opportunity because he didnt get the guy he was interviewing with.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X