Webcam on Fish Tank. :D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Webcam on Fish Tank. :D

Moved my webcam to point to my fish tank.

http://wes3.homeip.net:8086/viewer/live/en/live.html

lol - nice
    Wales, where the men are men and the sheep are nervous.
    Incoming fire has right of way

Comment

That oughta keep em out of trouble... knowing you're watching them like that!!
      Ha-Ha! Made Ya Read!

Comment

lol

btw, sand is so much better than gravel. Easier to keep clean too when it comes to algae.

BTW, add some color and throw in a fire shrimp. It's bright red with white dots and it acts as a carwash for fish.

They actually line up over it and it will jump on them, hold on and pick off the bacteria and junk from their gills. Pretty awesome. If you put your hand in the tank, it will climb on your hand too.

Comment

Those are called Scarlet Skunk Cleaner Shrimp. I have two of them. They already setup shop, 1 on the left, and 1 right next to it. It's like a drive through car wash. Whenever the fish have skin issues, they'll go to the shrimp and let him clean it.

I also have 4 shrimps that are in red. They are Peppermint Shrimp and are best known for taking out the nuisance Aiptasia and other glass anemones. They are nocturnal though. Won't see them until all the nights are off. Between 9pm-10pm, only the Actinic light is on. Everything looks blue, you won't see much color. Try some times between 11am-9pm. Lot more color to see.

I do have "sand". To be precise, they are aragonite. Normal sand contain silica and it'll cause diatom bloom. Very bad for a reef tank.
          Last edited by Wes; 07-19-2009, 10:10 PM.

Comment

Just added Cleaner Shrimp into the "Preset". See if you are lucky and see them in action.

Comment

Ahhhh, can't see anything here. May be a software problem (no live viewer on this version of Explorer 6!!) or simply a Heuristic block of internet traffic from corporate HQ (OMF this might be STREAMING MEDIA CONTENT!!!!!).

But it tells me that setting up a link to home (which I was thinking about) would be equally blocked....

Ah well.

Comment

Wes -
                nope, thats a regular cleaner shrimp. The Fire (blood) shrimp are more exotic.
                check it

http://www.aquahobby.com/marine/e_debelius.php

I had them and they are awesome.

http://images.google.com/images?q=bl...N&hl=en&tab=wi
                Last edited by dragonash; 07-20-2009, 10:37 AM.

Comment

But from what you were describing, that's exactly what my cleaner shrimp does. The first time I put my hand in the tank after getting them, they ran across the tank to climb onto my hand to clean me. Scared me a bit. lol

During "business hour", both of them station at a static place waiting to service whoever come by. At night, they go all around the tank to clean up. Very dedicated worker.

From the description you linked: "Like the skunk cleaner shrimp, it has some cleaning capabilities, though its instincts are not as strong. "

Nah, i'll keep the real cleaner instead. I think the red and white color on the Scarlet Skunk looks more like a medic and more stand out and different looking from just red color.

This is the picture I took on the day I got them. Look like a medic.

Last edited by Wes; 07-20-2009, 11:24 AM.

Comment

oh, they all do the same thing, it's just about looks. And I had both in the tank at the same time. I didnt see a difference in instinct

Looks like a medic eh? Tell me if it ubers one of your fish

Comment

MOVE!!!

lol

How funny. I check out the webcam and it's not a fish tank. It's a Wes's back.

Comment

lol. Spent 2 hours cleaning the tank tonight.

Comment

I was wondering how long it would take to clean a tank like that....
                          Ha-Ha! Made Ya Read!

Comment

Well, if I don't over feed them, the snails and shrimps should be able to keep all the algae and dirt in check. Basically, you don't have to clean it at all, ever. But feeding them is just so much fun.

Comment

Wes has a lot of fat fish......

Comment

Working...
                              X