Thread of Random Banter (TRB)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thread of Random Banter (TRB)

i have't seen one in a couple of days so i thought i would create one.

i like beer.
    Where's my redeemer? INCOMING! I'M HIT! I'MA COMIN' BACK!
    Originally posted by Ranshackle
    I like Hasselhoff's ass better.

Beer is good, I like aged tequila and bourbon.
    For all the reasons to smile, 'for the hell of it' has always been my favorite.

Comment

broklyn black chocolate stout

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/45/680/

MMMMM!

so good and actually cheap compared to some premium beers

Comment

It's back! Last year's batch was better though.

I was wondering if you were still alive, Ten. I kept forgetting to IM or email and check.

If you like Brookly, go get some Yeti Imperial Stout http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/158/50176

I am still kicking myself for not buying a case of their chocolate stout with cayenne, which was mindblowingly good.

Comment

omg its funny u mention the yeti. i had that on draft a while back in boston, i had asked for founders breakfast stout, were out and gave me that instead, so yummy

Comment

Founders Breakfast Stout is overrated. So is most of what Bells puts out.

Another good stout comes in a can, it's called Ten Fidy. It's from Oskar Blues brewery. Their Gordon red ale is really good too.

Comment

I like beer from the UK. Just goes down so easy. What they export over the sea just doesn't taste the same.

Kilkenny (Northa America style) - I like.
              Wales, where the men are men and the sheep are nervous.
              Incoming fire has right of way

Comment

have you ever had kentucky breakfast stout?

Originally posted by shifty View Post
                Founders Breakfast Stout is overrated. So is most of what Bells puts out.

Another good stout comes in a can, it's called Ten Fidy. It's from Oskar Blues brewery. Their Gordon red ale is really good too.

Comment

Heh.

Breakfast Stout.

Heh heh........

Comment

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/1199/19960

Comment

Martini please!
                      Drinking 1 beer = gaining 5lbs
                      Is that only women who gain weight drinking beer? Makes it totally not worth it... no matter how yummy it is....
                      Ha-Ha! Made Ya Read!

Comment

It all depends on what beer.

And beer, for the most part, has less calories than Soda. But you rarely see someone drinking a 2L on their own on a Friday.

Women, in general, will pack on more weight no matter what is ingested for a few key reasons:

1. Weight. Women are smaller. Less solid body means less fuel needed.
                        2. Muscle. Muscle needs energy to move, even if not exerting itself. That is why guys tend to lose more weight from cardio training. The more muscle you have to move, the more calories are burnt (for the same net weight).
                        3. Metabolism/Testosterone. uys are a bit more Jacked Up. Aggressive and the like. This also burns calories.

If you want to gain less weight for the same behavior, scale back the drinking and start lifting weights. You do not need to go crazy on either, but a little of both will "go a long way to a slimmer you".....

Comment

Tensux, the beer you last linked is the one I drank. I found it good, but not mindblowing.

The beer I drink, I'm convinced, has at least 300 calories a regular bottle, or 500 calories per 22oz.

Comment

I was convinced the same about Guiness, until I read up about it (it's lighter than a lot of Lagers!)

Comment

My beers are usually around 10% == much more sugar

Comment

Working...
                              X