I feel famous(or infamous)!!

Leave a comment:

• Ninjahedge
    replied
    I miss the archives...

Leave a comment:

• shifty
    replied
    Kuroshi the Bunny guy! I remember. I had some great games with Rippermon on Wes550 back in the day! He was a good guy. Kong didn't say a lot to me, but we had some good games also.

Leave a comment:

• Upton_O'Goode
    replied
    Originally posted by shifty View Post
    There are certain people I miss in LC.

Kirk (Captain Kirk?) was another I didn't get along with. Weren't g33k and Rippermon in LC also? Wes, Gemini, Mina, LZP were also, I'm trying to think of others.
    Yeah, I liked Captain Kirk at first, but then I realized he was more a friend to Mina than to me. Rippermon was a good guy--I miss him. I believe he was Kong's boss (later BBR Kong). Yes, I was in the clan for a while, but it was tough, since I was on dial-up and my Ping was Lao_Sze. :P I miss Wes, too. He was a good guy. He taught me the shock combo that served me so well over the years.

Hmmm, who else...oh, I remember Kuro (Kuroshi). He seemed like a decent guy. That's about all my aging brain can remember at this point.

Leave a comment:

• Upton_O'Goode
    replied
    Originally posted by shifty View Post
    Ravage was LC also, right? Was Rev_Whoopass?
    Yep. Ravage was in LC. Man, I really disliked that guy. In fact, I did this bogus book cover in Photoshop poking fun back then.

Leave a comment:

• Ninjahedge
    replied
    Poopy was a trip.

He took some peeps with him, went skitzo on F51 and eventually disappeared (taking many with him, unfortunately).

It's a shame.

But you start to see some weird thnigs in people the longer you are on, and combined with a waning interest in the game, many people split off (or just argued too much about things that did not matter as much in 2K).

Duke and Kick are infrequents now (they would probably show up for Zeit or some sniper-dedicated map), Prof gets pissed at differing political viewpoints, and that is about all I can remember now aside from all thathave been mentioned.

The Sol Hamma/TF fests were the best though. TF'ing was probably the single thing that pissed off gear-hoarders more than anything (timing for max armor and shield to be killed in one shot! )

Well, anyway, BTW!

Leave a comment:

• shifty
    replied
    Ravage was LC also, right? Was Rev_Whoopass?

Leave a comment:

• shifty
    replied
    There are certain people I miss in LC.

Kirk (Captain Kirk?) was another I didn't get along with. Weren't g33k and Rippermon in LC also? Wes, Gemini, Mina, LZP were also, I'm trying to think of others.

Unfortunately, the two dominant clans back then were LC and 950 (in our neck of the woods, at least), and many of us hung out in the same IRC channel which is why I brought up Wuffy, Boss, Gemini and others. I mean, Rams, Yoshi, Excel, Secret_Squirrel and others would hang out too, but ... I mean, everyone pretty much did it in the 950 channel, I don't know if LC had a channel, and MyU channel was only limited activity.

Wes closed down the LC forum in like ... 2003 or something, around the time WesDM started to dwindle off. Within 12 months or so of that is when Poopy_Pants ran off and formed Frag51 and the community interest in UT99 kinda dwindled, lots due to the fragmentation that UT2k3 and UT2k4 caused.

Leave a comment:

• Ninjahedge
    replied
    Heh,

I had my own forum conflicts with Mina too, but it still does not mean I do not miss her and the rest of the crew.

I am not playing UT much at all anymore, I am mostly on TF2 when I am online.

I had a stint with Ash for a while playing Borderlands, but I have not been able to get online regularly with the different work schedule and the kid.

Always looking for that good game I can pop into at a moments notice and bow out after 20 minutes or 4 hours!

Look us up on Steam. Some of us are on there as well!

Leave a comment:

• shifty
    replied
    Hi LZP! Yeah, Mina and I never really got along. Man, that was a long time ago. I do remember some good games with her and the rest of {LC} clan!

Leave a comment:

• Bald_Yew
    replied
    I play UT2k4 RPG and 'nilla DM here and there.

Leave a comment:

• Upton_O'Goode
    replied
    Originally posted by Ninjahedge View Post
    I do not think there is a single person I miss. I miss the group.

I miss our rare females like Mina, Sol and Atraxy. I miss our cadre that has been showing up here and there (even Duke!).
    Hey. I used to live with Mina in CT. I played as Lao_Sze_Ping in the beginning (had lousy dial-up ping) and switched to Upton_O'Goode later. Mina and I split several years ago, so we have had no significant contact after that, although I did bump into her at WalMart in Long Island, NY a couple of years ago. I think she's living here in NY now (or was at that time). I don't think she plays anymore. I guess "real life" intervened, as it does with so many of us.

Nice to see some of the old crew still around. Does anyone still play? I occasionally play UT2k4, although, almost exclusively the Strangelove rocket mod.

Leave a comment:

• lilith
    replied
    Yeah, I thought I'd sneak that in there in my own special way!!!

Leave a comment:

• Ninjahedge
    replied
    Shame on you Lil!

Advertising C i a l i s like that!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X