Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Thread of Random Banter (TRB)

Martini please!
    Drinking 1 beer = gaining 5lbs
    Is that only women who gain weight drinking beer? Makes it totally not worth it... no matter how yummy it is....
    Ha-Ha! Made Ya Read!

It all depends on what beer.

And beer, for the most part, has less calories than Soda. But you rarely see someone drinking a 2L on their own on a Friday.

Women, in general, will pack on more weight no matter what is ingested for a few key reasons:

1. Weight. Women are smaller. Less solid body means less fuel needed.
    2. Muscle. Muscle needs energy to move, even if not exerting itself. That is why guys tend to lose more weight from cardio training. The more muscle you have to move, the more calories are burnt (for the same net weight).
    3. Metabolism/Testosterone. uys are a bit more Jacked Up. Aggressive and the like. This also burns calories.

If you want to gain less weight for the same behavior, scale back the drinking and start lifting weights. You do not need to go crazy on either, but a little of both will "go a long way to a slimmer you".....

Tensux, the beer you last linked is the one I drank. I found it good, but not mindblowing.

The beer I drink, I'm convinced, has at least 300 calories a regular bottle, or 500 calories per 22oz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranshackle
    I like Hasselhoff's ass better.

I was convinced the same about Guiness, until I read up about it (it's lighter than a lot of Lagers!)

My beers are usually around 10% == much more sugar

ok they make a regular breakfast stout that is easier to come by, less alcohol, and

you are one of few ppl to feel that way about the kentuck breafast, that stuff is great, one of the best i have ever had. so many beers are very different in the bottle as opposed to draft, i had that one the draft, had a lot of them in fact. small bar near boston had a stash and i think i drank almost all of them on them

another beer i like is this:

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/112/412/

so so in the bottle, but great on draft

Quote Originally Posted by shifty View Post
    Tensux, the beer you last linked is the one I drank. I found it good, but not mindblowing.

The beer I drink, I'm convinced, has at least 300 calories a regular bottle, or 500 calories per 22oz.

what also might make the KBS so sought after is that they only make a couple thousand cases a year

Quote Originally Posted by tensux View Post
    broklyn black chocolate stout

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/45/680/

MMMMM!

so good and actually cheap compared to some premium beers
    Just picked up a few of these. Looked for the Founders breakfast stout but was told that because of distribution qualms, it isn't available in South Carolina...

OK, keep in mind this is from someone with no sense of smell.....

The beer ain't bad at all. The bitter is good, a bit less than Heineken and St. Paulie. It is a tad thick, but not enough to coat the mouth/throat. It is salty enough to kill the sweet you get from the first 2 seconds of taste. 10% ABV leaves a warm fuzzy after a swallow.

...Damn I wish I could smell the coffee and chocolate..

Quote Originally Posted by tensux View Post
    ok they make a regular breakfast stout that is easier to come by, less alcohol, and

you are one of few ppl to feel that way about the kentuck breafast, that stuff is great, one of the best i have ever had. so many beers are very different in the bottle as opposed to draft, i had that one the draft, had a lot of them in fact. small bar near boston had a stash and i think i drank almost all of them on them

another beer i like is this:

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/112/412/

so so in the bottle, but great on draft
    I like Old Rasputin.

I don't like KBS because I'm not a huge fan of the over-the-top-roasted-coffee-bean flavored stouts.

I like Imperial Stouts, though. If I didn't say it above, I'm a big Imperial Stout fan, DIPAs and Scotch Ales.

Thread Information