Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SAT question

Default SAT question

can anyone help me with the math on this? I have had six 8.2 % of 16 ounce beers, the average bottle of wine is 12% and 26 and 2/3rds ounces, how many bottles of wine would you need to consume as much alcohol as 6 of these beers? Not that I am drunk, lol, . I'm headed for the scotch...but first I'm having another beer, well make that 2, took me a while to post this, 8 of these 8.2% alcohol, content beers, how many bottles of wine?

My calculations tell me....

you've had way too much.

For the beer:
    16oz per can of beer * 8.2% alcohol content = 1.312oz of alcohol per can * 6 cans = 7.872 oz alcohol for all six cans

For the wine:
    26.666 oz per bottle * 12% alcohol content = 3.199 oz alcohol per bottle

7.872 oz of alcohol (from the beer) / 3.199 oz alcohol per bottle of wine = 2.46 bottles of wine

so'k i drove to the hotel and had three 6 ounce shots of scotch (order it in a snifter and the serve it in cognac portions) and i feel just dandy

ps sabotuer as usual u dont understand the question, cholr did, but i am too drunk to verify his answers, the question was if i had 8 beers at that alcohol level how many bottles of wine was that the eqiuvelant off?

Blog Entries

lol. you all have different answers.

Sab used 6 cans, Chrol used 8.

And if you can't do basic math, you shouldn't be driving.

That should be on the exam!!!

But yes, if you had that much beer Ten, you are a hazard, no matter what you might think or feel.

Not smart man.

I didn't see that he changed it to 8 at the end. Why the h*ll am I doing math for a drunk again?

I had the scotch at the hotel, so all I had to do is find my room. I may have been to drunk to do the math last nite, but I figured one thing out this morning. 18 ounces of straight 80% scotch after eight 8.2% 16 ounce beers = one nice headache in the morning.

Thread Information