Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PC reboots wont get into bios

That's rather rude there shi......

Ohhhhh, ticker.

Nevermind [/gilda]

omg, so now i have bought ram, cpu, and mobo. and same thing, must be the psu

If you proceed with caution, testing PSU = shorting pins with paperclip and probing with ohm meter.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ATX

Look for sags/spikes.

I like ohms.

I wanted to get more, but ran into some resistance.

Quote Originally Posted by Bald_Yew View Post
    If you proceed with caution, testing PSU = shorting pins with paperclip and probing with ohm meter.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ATX

Look for sags/spikes.
    Multimeter/Voltmeter, not Ohm meter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranshackle
    I like Hasselhoff's ass better.

not sure its worth the trouble at this point, the only parts i havent bought new are the psu, case and vid card, has to be the psu no? unless i unluckily bought bad replacements

i realized the new mobo was giving on short beep, looked up the code and it meant "system normal" im like wtf, then i finally realized the new mobo had on board video, it was the video card that was dead all along

Kinda tough one to chase - I would have gone with PSU on a guess-I guess diagnoisis should have revealed the VC-bummer it took so much time and guessing-spare parts are always good.

I think a bad mobo don'T do anything. No power most of the time no fan turning but you can have the same problem with a dead PSU. When you have mysterious electric problems it is most of the time the PSU or stuff include with it. Bad PSU can dmg a lot of stuff so better to change it as soon as possible.

You can always test a PSU by shorting the green wire (remote power on) to a black one (ground.) in that case, the fans and hard drive should spin up (if connected) and you should get a power light at least off the mobo (again if connected.)

Motherboards can fail in all kinds of ways. With a good CPU, RAM, and video section or card, (and PSU) they will POST. From there, they could still have bad IDE or SATA interfaces, onboard video, nic, or sound issues, or no USB/Firewire.
    National Sarcasm Society
    "Like we need your support."

Thread Information