Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New job.

Default New job.

Just a 411.

I received word from one of the companies my recruiter put me up for. They said "yep".

The company itself is back in the city (both good and bad for that, Day Care being a toughie), and was voted one of "the best places to work for".

the downside is that it is 25% out in the field, and mostly inspection, repair and retrofit, something that is not my crowning skillset, but still not something I am unable to perform at.

The upside is that I am NOW (edit) radiating enough confidence (or just looking old enough) that people seem to be trusting me a bit more. I will have to keep working on that as that seems to be the only thing that keeps me from going further.

I am still looking into Cisco or other technical professions, but it is good to get away from here and the unpleasant individuals I have put up with for a year and a half. I will miss some of them, however. I also feel guilty not telling anyone yet and waiting until Monday for the 2 week notice.

Anyway, just a 411.

Wish me luck at the new place (or luck finding a new Day Care for Jr!!! )
    Last edited by Ninjahedge; 06-26-2011 at 11:02 PM.

Good luck. Inspection, repair and retrofit of ????
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranshackle
    I like Hasselhoff's ass better.

Super good luck and congrats. Always good when someone wants you.
    Wales, where the men are men and the sheep are nervous.
    Incoming fire has right of way

Congratulations and good luck!

Thanks peeps.

Shift, it is buildings (mostly).

http://www.randpc.com/

Stupid ads on the border (I have never seen that on an engineering site), but still...

do you still live in hoboken?

That can't be possible. Only douchebags live in Hoboken for more than 2 years.

What happens when that reaches 13?

(PS, I am out in Rutherford now... Since September...)

Strange this should pop up. I am getting really nervous about the new job. One of the hardest things is finding day care for Jr (they are all booked, have weird regulations, are far away or something similar. Even in different towns they are ALL within $100/mo from each other no matter what they offer, very frustrating. Oh, and they ALL are $400 more a month than where he is now. ).

He is starting to remember, and ask for, his playmates at the day care......

Anyway, fingers crossed.

asking because i will be in hoboken with gf sometime between july 20 and 22. if you want to meet up with the wife let me know

you'll be a perfect fit, jim!

Thread Information