Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Duke is sick

Default Duke is sick

Duke found out last week he has a blood cancer. Got a tumor on his spine and his legs were going numb and he found it hard to walk. Went in and they operated the next day.
    I have a link to a site his son set up, he has a video that explains it more.

Sad day.

http://www.indiegogo.com/od-fundraiser
    Politicians and diapers have one thing in common. They should both be changed regularly and for the same reason

I was just talking to him the other day (typing to him?).

Kind of sad that he is isolating himself from the old crew, but it was only a game. Sadder still to hear this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjahedge View Post
    I was just talking to him the other day (typing to him?).

Kind of sad that he is isolating himself from the old crew, but it was only a game. Sadder still to hear this.
    There are other personal factors as too why he will only "lurk" here.
    Politicians and diapers have one thing in common. They should both be changed regularly and for the same reason

I know. He told me....

No comment.

Meh. I hope he gets better. Who cares about bad blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranshackle
    I like Hasselhoff's ass better.

99% of humanity?

It's what makes the best scripts......

Whatever. Is old fart better yet? You can't tell me he can't fight this. Stubborn fooker has more fight in him than just about anyone I know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranshackle
    I like Hasselhoff's ass better.

Sorry to hear about that Duke-Hope you get well.

Quote Originally Posted by shifty View Post
    Whatever. Is old fart better yet? You can't tell me he can't fight this. Stubborn fooker has more fight in him than just about anyone I know.
    He starts Radiation therapy today and that goes on for 10 days, and chemo for up to 6 months.

Radiation is to kill whatever is active.

Chemo is to try and kill anything that may be produced for as long as possible. Since cancer replicates faster than healthy cells (except bone marrow, reproductive organs). The chemicals basically kill anything that replicates in cycles in hopes that it catches everything....

Unfortunately, it is like sniping with buckshot. The target isn't the only thing that gets hit.

Thread Information