Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Time to buy a new gaming mouse?

There is a way to make the M65 perfectly confortable. Position the middle finger on the mouse wheel and use the ring finger to right click. Because the mouse is large at this place you can do it and that fit perfectly. So the 3 fingers are on top of the mouse, the bottom of your hand relaxe at the the back of the mouse, your thumb is directly on the sniper button, the pinky nearly touch the desk and don't block anything.

Ok I just received the Thermaltake Ventus x today. It is not really 100% like I thought. First : You don't have a fan in the mouse. But it still keeps your hand more dry than the G602 or G700s after a time.
    The plastic of the mouse feel cheap at first but you have some kind of unique finish on it made of a mix of plastics on top (rubbered and old standard plastic all in one. Hard to explain). You have rubber patches on the side of the mouse to have a great grip. Also the side buttons have a good grip similar to the G602. The mouse wheel feel a bit stiff just enough to not turn it by error and it is silent. The clicks sound lower pitch than the other mice I tested and because of that a bit less anoying. The braided cable seems cheaper than the one on the Logitech and Corsair. More skinny cable. Logitech mice have a bigger braided cables than the other ones. The USB connector looks gold plated but I really think that this stuff is just color and nothing else let's see. The M65, G502, G700s usb connector are silver. The mouse fit almost perfectly in my hand. The front of the mouse don't have the angle that I thought so that makes this mouse a bit less confortable than the MX620. Also the MX620 don't really heat your hand Maybe the hard plastic on top. The Ventus x seems to fight against its own classic shape design well know to make your hand Sweaty after a time. I'm just curious to see what is the best solution for that. You have another mouse made by Cooler master called CM STORM REAPER using alluminium on top but the shape of the mouse is very different and made for smaller hands. The CM STORM REAPER has a sniper button like the M65. So the Ventus X has less buttons if I compare to the other gaming mice on my desk but has that vent holes, gold plated usb connector and that almost perfect shape. No dedicated sniper button but it is possible to create one with one of the 2 buttons on the left side. The DPI can be switched on top with only one button but this button can also be set to do anything you want. By default you press until your are on the dpi you want and you show the dpi number on screen and you have no light indicator on the mouse for the DPI. I think it is better to set this buton to switch profiles so you can press it to have high dpi and forward, backward button set on the left side when you don't play games or don't play a FPS game. The mouse feel lightweight even with all the weight installed. The mouse response seems very fast. The mouse is easier to move than the other mice. That can be good or bad depending on your style. Very sensible mouse. Almost your entire hand is supported by the mouse. Only the pinky touch the pad or desk. I updated this text because I was wrong every buttons on this mouse can be set to what you want including keyboard buttons, DPI setting, etc. VEry nice in fact.
    Last edited by Muscat; 06-03-2015 at 04:18 AM.

Logitech G700s is back to the store. Like Wes said the battery is empty after a day LOL. The wireless system is some kind of useless and the wire is a big plastic cable and it is hard to move the mouse when plugged. The forced thumb position and sweaty hand you got after 5 min of use is a bit anoying. The software don't allow you to make a sniper button like the G602. I also got some weird overide of my keyboard functionality and own self G700s functionality when using the software config making Windows not usable. To fix that you really need to know what you are doing or restart the computer. Maybe... Other than that the shape of the mouse is not bad if not great and the left side buttons perfectly well made. The clicks were a bit loud too.

Yesterday I got a weird problem with the Thermaltake Ventus x . 2 or 3 crashes when using the editor in GTA5 online. With the video card I have there is no reason that can be the video memory full or performance that caused the crash. I am pretty sure this is the mouse software installed to show the DPI on screen. Some kind of layer menu always running in backgroud that popups when you press the DPI button.
    I cannot be sure 100% for now. I need to try it longer.

So for now I can say The G602 is the best wireless gaming mouse out there . I got absolutly no problem with the mouse. The programmable part is better than anything I see even better than the G700s and that perfectly works. The buttons are very well placed and because you have 6 buttons on the left side you can make a sniper button and use the 5 other buttons for your standard need. The mouse is 2500 DPI but it is enough believe me. The receiver is 500Hz and it is also enough because you have a cable so you can install the receiver just in front of the mouse. The mouse is very confortable. You can switch DPI with the top buttons or any other else if you want and see the change on the side of the mouse. The lights fade out when you don't use it very fast to have a longer battery life. You have 2 batteries and that makes the mouse weight perfect. You can park the receiver in the mouse batteries compartment. The only con is you cannot plug it and your hand start to be sweaty after a time. Anything else is almost perfect. The mouse wheel is only step by step but who use no step rolling? Maybe if you want to do a specific work not for gaming.

I have seen another mouse today at the store that maybe can rival the G602. The Razer Black Mamba Elite because of the special shape and you can plug it like the G700s. But I am not sure about the software and the mouse cost over 140$ USD 165$ CAD. Sooo a bit expansive for what you get.

Talking about the MX Master I bought it to try the confort of the thing... more too come... I can already say that you can plug the mouse but it is only to charge it. You cannot use the mouse wired without the usb receiver pluged which is a big no no no for me but that also mean that the mouse charge when you are using it which is a plus . The confort of the mouse doesn't beat the MX620 (MX400) and it is somewhere similar to the G602. You have a bit more grip on the MX Master. Only 1500 DPI max. Buttons config are for windows actions. The app to config the buttons is not more advanced than the one back in the '90. Maybe that has no big impact in games . Let see... The big new stuff for me is the thumb wheel and thumb wheel config
    Last edited by Muscat; 06-02-2015 at 07:59 PM.

Blog Entries

Ordering a G602 to try it out.

Here is a video about the G602: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNhBfs45f28

About the DPI thing. I can confirm that in GTA 5 1000 DPI give you the max playable sensibility. GTA 5 sensibility at 0. You add more sensibility and it is unplayable. 1000 DPI 120hz refresh rate 1680x1050 resolution that means 2000 DPI is only in case you are in 4K with a very high refresh rate. Sensibility is still at 0. You can add sensibility even if you reach 8k resolution and have a 1000 DPI mouse but lose little precision. LOL

So a 1000 DPI mouse do the job perfectly. MX620 is 1000 DPI but it is good to have the possibility to reduce the DPI when you have more than 400 DPI. So the problem is not trying to get the max DPI possible but have the option to reduce or set the DPI like you want without changing the in game sensibility.

All the gaming mice thing need to be reconsiderated since any standard laser mouse has at least 1000DPI these days. Most of the mice have DPI ajustment even if not tagged for gaming. Configuration and response time is more important. Built quality, software quality, shape of the mouse fitting your hand. At least 3 buttons on the left side.

Talking about software quality the software that comes with the Thermaltake Ventus x need a little fix since that crash when you try to save and press cancel. Once your profile is set and you setted switch profile for the top button when you switch to the other profile this profile is not correctly loaded. So again like the G700s we got problems with that profiles management here. It is why it is better to have a minimal setting and maybe forget about that additionnal profiles. One profile need to be enough or give me something that works 100% LOL.

I put the lights on and I discovered that the mouse wheel on the Thermaltake Ventus x flash one time for each DPI setting you switch. That means if you switch to your third DPI setting that flash 3 times. So you have on mouse indicator for the DPI change but the light of the wheel need to be on. Very interresting but I'm not a big fan of red lights since that means danger for me. So yes you cannot change the color of the light but no big deal I don't want any light and I can desactivate it when the software finaly decide to work.

Another thing to mention about the Thermaltake Ventus x . You can desactivate easily the OSD (on screen display) indicator for the DPI in the Windows menu bar. That means maybe no more crash in GTA 5. Let's try this...

SO What I can say about this mouse is everything is there to be a great mouse. The only thing missing is maybe a third button on the left side. The shape is great. The mouse is lightweight that means you can easily lift the mouse in critical situations when playing DOTA games for example. The mouse is also very easy to move so the response time (I mean your response time) is certainly better with this mouse. The main problem is the software here. Maybe there is a way to fix this but for now very anoying problem. Also the flashing mouse wheel is certainly not the best way to indicate a DPI change since you need to know that instantly not waiting for all flashes to realise you are on the wrong DPI and die like a noob LOL. Showing the DPI on desktop is not a perfect solution too since you cannot see that in full screen and that can lead to a game crash at the end.
    Last edited by Muscat; 06-03-2015 at 05:58 PM.

Blog Entries

Just got the G602. This is the 2nd mouse I've ever tested that work even on a plan wood desk without mouse pad. The wood grain confuse the hell out of the normal mouse. Previously, only laser mouse would work on this surface. I'm glad they have another solution for it.

Comparing to G700, the G602 middle wheel doesn't feel as precise. It doesn't have the solid feel like G700. Swinging the mouse also feel too light. Also the profile is shorter than G700. I guess my hand is a bit big. The G700 feels more comfortable for me.

Until the R.A.T pro X comes out not worth changing yet. Have the R.A.T M.M.O 7 and really like it. But If they can deliver what they are saying on the pro X it will be awesome.

But you can't have toggle on press DPI change on G700s profiles...aka sniper button. I got a price match today for the G602. I got a 37$ back.. The wheel is not made of metal or alluminium but do the job. Maybe the wheel feel old fashion MS optical wheel but I read somewhere there is a problem with metal wheel when gaming. I am pretty sure this is not there to cut the total cost of the mouse.
    I bought the Logitech M500 and MX performance to clear out all the shape possibilities after that I am done.
    The M500 has the exact same shape of the MX620 but the mouse wheel seems way better even if I read many people that wanted the old rubber wheel back similar to the G602 wheel. The rubber wheel of the MX400 in fact. The old M500 model. At first the wheel seems very precise and useful but not stiff. You can move the mouse wheel left and right like the MX620 but this time you have a real distinct click not the fake or not really working stuff you get on the MX620.
    I found today that the price match at bestbuy solve many shipping back time and money. I bought my G502, M65 online elsewhere and it is a dam problem if I want to return it they want 15% of the value.... The products are cheaper but if you want to return it paf in the teeth.

About the actual mice. I don't understand why they change the shape of the gaming mice when you have already one shape or many shapes everybody like and buy. Ok I can get the shape of the MX620 but I cannot have a gaming version. Stuck with the old setpoint software.

I find a way to make a sniper button on the MX Master. You can select sensibility in the selection box of each button and you get 2 sensibilities you can toggle. Not perfect since you need to press the button again to switch back but better than nothing for a non gaming mouse.

I think I'm gonna open the M500 and install the hardware of a high DPI and precision optical mouse in it. Like the G303 hardware. The M500 is lighweight and because of that that doesn't feel as good as the MX620. Also the top plastic is not the same color. Maybe grey or white heat less even with no light ????

As for the MX performance that seems the most desired and honored mouse out there it is why I wanted to do a final test with it. Let's see if the shape is really the top of the top like they said.
    Last edited by Muscat; 06-04-2015 at 10:53 PM.

Here is how you convert a wireless mouse to a wired mouse . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tQkaMeGMg0

Thread Information