Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Virtual reality is there !!! VR headset review

Blog Entries

There are so many people don't like many different design. That's how internet is.

Either way, mobile device is just a general terms. It just means the lessor power devices.

High accuracy tracking and high action require high processing power and beacons. Standalone devices such as Samsung Odyssey just simply cannot compare with. That's why the heavy duty games only support HTC HIVE and Oculus Rift.

It's not a matter of who is better. It is more of a matter what the game/software company willing to create their software for.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Muscat View Post
    Talking about WMR, the Lenovo Explorer is now at $199. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4pLhf_piDI
    You get better rez than the VIVE for 1/3 the price.
    Like I've mention before, resolution is the last in the list for a good VR experience. The accuracy of motion is. On the other hand, for people who can't afford a real VR system like HTC VIVE or Oculus Rift, the $200 Lenovo is a good beginner system to have a taste of VR.

Talking about VR.... It is the VR Spring sales on Steam!!!!!
    Spring sales on Steam
    Just bought Payday 2 for $5 CAD/USD (VR DLC is free)
    Arizona Sunshine maybe.... $24 CAD $22 USD
    Sairent... $24 CAD $22 USD
    Superhot $20 CAD
    Bridge Crew... $24 CAD $20 USD

That depend on what you are doing with the Headset.
    Out of the box the tracking of the Oculus rift is way worst than any Windows mixed reality headset.
    You need the third sensor to enjoy some better tracking on the Oculus.
    If all your are doing is sit on front of your computer screen and play VR with mouse|Keyboard or controllers then any of those VR headset are great.
    Almost all games I play in VR don't need more than that and I really don't like the teleportation stuff so xbox controller or mouse / keyboard is way better for me than those complexe beta tracking systems you need to set up all the time before playing.
    If you start playing tennis or stuff like that in a big room Windows mixed reality do the job if you have light in the room. Out of the box Oculus gonna suck big time and this not gonna be playable at all. Third sensor and setup required.
    But I don't play Tennis or any sport game in VR. What is the point? If I want to do some sport I go outside... way better for me
    You can't play an intensive phisical game for long and I don't see me doing that after trying it with a very decent tracking using the Samsung Odyssey.
    I play games for hours and a 15 min game session is no more my cup of tea

Good news for me the HTC VIVE tracking works with the Samsung Odyssey. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbDHuEkvqZc
    But of course I need to buy HTC VIVE sensors and controllers Probably that cost more than getting all the kit with the headset...

I'm gonna wait for the next iteration of the HTC VIVE tracking to buy it.
    Last edited by Muscat; 04-21-2018 at 10:07 AM.

Blog Entries

A quick test of my green screen. Need to get a better webcam capture me. https://youtu.be/X9UuCUxxutY

Cool! You have a dedicated room with green walls?

Pimax 8K not gonna ship the M1 version this month maybe not soon They keep pushing the release date over and over. Exactly what I thought. Pretty sure they not gonna find a way to prevent eyes strain.

Blog Entries

It is just my bedroom/home office/VR room. I have to move all the stuff away whenever I want to play VR. Quite a bit of work especially when I want to have the green screens up.

Craaaaaaazy!! I am lucky my setup is not in my bedroom but in the living room with my desk and computer. I have a vocal booth in my bedroom and a standard queen metal bed structure I don't want to mess with..

I think the next big thing is the incoming Oculus 2 or Project Santa Cruz because the Oculus Go is already better for the quality of the display than the HTC VIVE PRO and Samsung Odyssey. They just need to make a good tracking wireless system which I am pretty sure they already done. This is gonna be the next big announcement in the VR headset world. Maybe this is gonna blow away the Pimax 8K too at a lower resolution

Thread Information