Thread: "Friendships"

Default "Friendships"

Here's a hard one.

When someone presents you with something after years of online camaraderie that you cannot take anymore.

You have played with them every week for years.

But then something just breaks it.

How much harder is it to break a cyber-fidelity than an in -situ one?

I am tearing just thinking about it, as it disconnects another link to the cyber gaming community... but what else do I have?

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjahedge View Post
    I am tearing just thinking about it, as it disconnects another link to the cyber gaming community... but what else do I have?
    A life, the ability to think and breathe, which is more than many. As long as you have that, you can be anything and build up anything you want, man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranshackle
    I like Hasselhoff's ass better.

I know.

It just feels like the last thread on something I have seen going away slowly for years.

I miss the people, but when the people slowly leave, what is left to miss but what no longer exists?

Odd thing was, I looked on Steam on the MyU community and saw that many have not been on in years.... Then you show up!

Only 1 thing to do.

Track them down in the real world, nuke their home from orbit.

it's the only way to be sure.
    Have you hugged a Skaarj today?
    http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/

Yeah, well, Nukes are expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjahedge View Post

It just feels like the last thread on something I have seen going away slowly for years. I miss the people, but when the people slowly leave, what is left to miss but what no longer exists?

Odd thing was, I looked on Steam on the MyU community and saw that many have not been on in years.... Then you show up!
    Nothing lasts forever except processes ... like evolution? The world is evolving around you, you may not be catching the cues and evolving with it. Which is not a big deal, just select an updated target and proceed on the path to reach it. Life is a glorified road trip and your GPS is perpetually out of date, so you'll need to keep refining your path as you go.

Speaking of evolution, I've evolved as well. The only PC tower in my house is a glorified media server stuffed full of RAIDed disks. I just bought a newly used touchscreen laptop for the kids to play with (kids these days barely know what a keyboard and mouse is, I got sick of them touching my old laptop screen expecting **** to happen). I suppose I could install STEAM on that, but ... not sure to what end. When I have free time these days, I'm eager to spend time on analog activities.

Last few years I've been doing full teardown/rebuild of vintage racing bikes (non-motorized), like 60s-80s vintage 10/12/15 speed racing bikes, touring bikes etc. I still spend 50-60hrs/week in technology, last thing I want is for my past time to require keyboards and mice. It's not enough mental scrub. Had that convo with SS when I bumped into him a couple weeks back: If I can't play it while in the ****ter, its value is instantly decreased.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranshackle
    I like Hasselhoff's ass better.

Thread Information